“Excellent, Immaculate, Huge clean room, Perfect hosts and service= 6******” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandown House B&B

You added Sandown House B&B to your Saves list
Sandown House B&B
Sandown Farm Lane, Nairn IV12 5NE, Scotland   |
Ranked #4 of 35 Nairn B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent, Immaculate, Huge clean room, Perfect hosts and service= 6******”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

It was our first stay here and certainly will not be our last. We booked based on the trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed It is definately worthy of the 5* rating.

Rooms are huge spotlessly clean and very homely allowing free internet, fridge, tea & coffee and great relaxation. Breakfast was fantastic home cooking and Liz couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was perfect.

So VERY highly recommended :-), Thank you very much for a fantastic stay. See you again in May.

Room Tip: I'm very sure they are all as good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hi Dan and Kirsty

It was lovely to receive your review of your recent stay at Sandown House and i am delighted you had such a great stay here! I certainly enjoyed our chats, and finding out about your visit and friend's pending wedding. Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback your stay here and it would be lovely to welcome you back in May!

Meantime, have a great Christmas and hope to see you in 2013!

Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
West Horsham, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Liz was lovely and very helpful. She explained everything as soon as I arrived and put me in a beautiful room, with everything I needed. The breakfasts are out of this world, and she went the extra miles to help me with finding what I needed on the web.

All in all, one of the best places I have ever stayed in. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi Gerry

Hope you had a good journey home!
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to feedback on your stay at Sandown House. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time here and I certainly enjoyed our chats in the morning and hearing all about your plans. You really have an exciting time ahead and I wish you all the very best with your book and hope you have a great time with all your travels and maybe one day ,we hope to see you back here!
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

After visiting Sandown House over a year ago this is my third visit and I just love coming to stay here. As a golfer the location is perfect and Liz and Andy's warm and friendly welcome makes you feel instantly at ease. My room was immaculate, warm and comfortable and had everything we required Once you tear yourself away from the comfort of your rooms local produce is used to serve up a delicious breakfast accompanied by Liz's home made soda bread just baked that morning. Sets you up great for the golf. Thank you for such an enjoyable stay Liz and Andy and looking forward to my visit which I have booked for next year. This really is the best B&B I have ever stayed in and would have no hesitation in recommending it. Well worthy of it's five stars.Oh and thanks Liz for booking the restaurant for us.

Room Tip: The Courtyard is great for families and also for couples. A wonderful stay on both occasions.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hi Folks

It was lovely to see you back at Sandown House once again and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay fo the third time! Your family have really grown since last year and glad to hear you all enjoyed the golf and our great location to Nairn Golf Club. We really enjoy guests returning - its just like family! We look forward to your welcoming you back next May with your golfing friends for the Nairn Ladies Open - I am sure it will be a great weekend! Thank you for taking the time to review Sandown House and see you next year!

Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

2nd visit to Sandown House and as ever we experienced an exceptionally warm welcome. Liz and Andy always make you feel like a member of the family and always extending their welcome and home for the complete comfort of their guests.
The beds are exceptionally comfortable and the facilities better than most first class hotels and all the rooms tastefully decorated
Beautiful rooms a short walk from the wonderful beach and Nairn Golf Links.
I will be back and will always stay at Sandown when in the area

Room Tip: Rooms either in main house or annex. We prefer the annex, but all beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hi Sianey
It was great to welcome you back to Sandown House and thank you for taking the time to review our home. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay once again and I know how much you love coming to Nairn and walking along our beautiful beach! Please give our regards to all the family and hope they will all come and visit us again.
Kind Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Having read all the previous reviews for Sandown House we were a little sceptical that everything could live up to our expectations. We are delighted to say that it was everything we expected and much much more. From arrival to departure we were made to feel like part of the family, nothing was an inconvenience or a problem for Liz and Andy.

The room was beyond compare. Every where we stay from now on will be compared to Sandown House and I will be surprised if it could be surpassed. The only word to describe it is luxury. The king size bed is probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, the storage in the room is fantastic. The rooms are very spacious and airy. The cleanliness cannot be overlooked either. The food was simply amazing - all local produce cooked and presented beautifully.

We will certainly be returning and have absolutely no hesitation on recommending Sandown House to friends and family.

I would say you have to experience this for yourself to appreciate the luxury and hospitality of two amazing people who make you feel welcome and special no matter when you arrive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Hello Nicola

Thank you for taking the time to review Sandown House and I am so delighted you had such a positive experience here, despite it being such a busy weekend. It was so lovely to meet you and your husband and I am confident we will see you again when you return to Sandown House in the future. I really enjoyed meeting you both and having our little chats. Thank you for choosing our home to celebrate your husband's birthday. Until the next time - very kind regards!
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Sandown is located about 1.5 miles from the centre of Nairn. You can walk directly to the beach from the property and then into town if you please. The rooms are located in the original house and in a new build. My stay was in the lower room in the new build. The room is very spacious and contains plenty of storage and seating within a comfortable and well designed environment. Colours are subtle and the furnishings are top quality. The room has its own concealed fridge which is stocked with fresh milk and water. Tea coffee and home bakes are supplied also. This ground floor room has both blinds and curtains which makes the room more private if you so wish. Sometimes blinds are reqd if other guests are outside etc. The bathroom is large and has a great bath and walk in shower. Again fittings are of a high spec. Quality scottish toiletries are supplied. Small niggle for me the xpelair comes on with the
light. Liz is a excellent host who wants to ensure you have the best but does not become intrusive. Breakfast is great and all freshly cooked to your choice. The homemade jam is wonderful and Liz even gave me a pot as a leaving gift !!! There is a guest lounge if you want one but the rooms are large so you dont really need it. Would I improve anything - for me the mattress on one of the twins beds was a little too soft. This is a great place to stay and I will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hi Ruth

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experiences of Sandown House.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us and I know you enjoyed our wonderful countryside. I hope your visit to Callander was successful and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sandown House sometime in the future.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Sandown House is Liz's House: she's the sun of the place caring so much for guests coming and going. I started realising it when i booked and had to exchange a few emails to arrange an extra bed for my little daughter. She's been very helpful and we quickly found a solution. She is dealing with everything else, from welcome to farewell, always with a nice smile.

We - a family of three - stayed here for two nights and we regret we didn't book a third one: the place is very peaceful, not far from the sea in a residential area close to the village.

We had to change room (booked last minute, moved to a larger one) so we experienced two different spaces of this B&B. The room upstairs in the main house, which is nice, has a confortable bed and a large bathroom then one of the rooms in the courtyard, all brand new, rather stylish with a huge confortable bed.

Breakfast is delicious and Liz is cooking it: i recommend to try here the scottish pudding, unmissable!

The surroundings are full of atmosphere and charme. Nairn is a place to remember, to visit and to enjoy. To stay there Sandown House is quite perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hello Francesca

Apologies for the delay in responding!

Thank you for taking the time to review Sandown House. I am so pleased you had such a positive experinece here and I too wish you could have spent longer, as your little daughter was adorable! I enjoyed meeting you all and hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Scotland and certainly hope you will return to Sandown House in the future.

Regards
Liz

Been to Sandown House B&B? Share your experiences!