“Pretty unique” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 18 Attractions in Fort William
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: Antiguo valle glacial, en Escocia, famoso por sus "paralel roads", marcas del hielo en la roca de distintas épocas glaciares
Linlithgow
40 attraction reviews
“Pretty unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have never seen other "Parrallel roads" quite like these and I knew of them having studied geography and geology. I understand why some people think other glens are more interesting but the roads are unique and , I believe were a puzzle to the 18th century geologists.

Visited June 2014

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“Beautiful landscape of the past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Me and my boyfriend found this gem on the way back from a weekend in Oban. We pulled over and dorve the 3 mile single lane track swerving sheep saying "we must be there by now?!" but when we got there we were not disappointed. Well I will rephrase that...I was not disapointed! As a geology graduate I found this valley incredible!!! I had seen it on TV years ago and remembered all about it so began to inform my boyfriend about its history and its significance in leanring how glaciers move and develop. I even told him the old folks tales I had remembered! This would have been fantastic on a good day but even on a bad day I was thrilled to find this valley!!

Visited February 2014
76 attraction reviews
“Stunning scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

parallel roads they are called. A perfect example of what glaciers have done to the landscape. On one of the plateaus there is a very interesting information board explaining everything about the geology. really loved the scenery, dreiging on the narrow roads, the atmosphere. if you can fit it in do so, you will be really amazed.

Visited May 2014
Cheshire
39 attraction reviews
“Not the best drive i have done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

To be honest i was a little dissapointed during my drive through Glen Roy, i was expecting spectacular rock formations, Actually i found it rather difficult to see any real features.

Time would be better spent driving through Glen Etive where the scenery is extra special, dont waste your time unless you are into Geology.

Visited June 2013
Sleaford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Wicked little spot up a winding narrow dead end road - ice age features”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Car park - information plaque explaining about glacial geology - gorgeous view - scary drive along narrow roads with few passing places - Brilliant!
you can see the landscape and understand a bit about how it was formed - amazing to see a long ago shoreline above you
some people wandered off up the hill but I dont know what's up there

Visited August 2013