Travelling with the family is never simple. Older members need easily accessible rooms and fussy kids want certain meals, the rest of us simply want somewhere to relax!
Well, the MacDuff fit the bill for all our mob!
A great location, with masses of parking space, (a 9 seater Mercedes vans takes up a fair bit of space, but no problems here!), and easy access for grandad to get to the hotel. (Note - we did not test the wheelchair access to/within the hotel, so I would check if this is important to you or any group members).
We staggered out of the van after our trip up from Edinburgh and were welcomed with a superb view of the typical Scottish countryside - Loch and mountains and all!
The rooms were really clean and a nice size, the ground floor "disabled" room we got for Grandad was just right for someone who needed a little more support than the able bodied. Our double was large and although it was on the back (loch view rooms are on the front) we were happy, as while the hotel is a way back from the road we were concerned about the potential for road noise.
The food was great, even with fussy eaters amongst us the plates were cleared every time. There was a good choice of items for breakfast - just right to set you up for the day - and the evening meals were simply wonderful.
Winding down in the bar later was a real treat as we could sit as a family group and chat, sample the local beer/spirits and just chill.
Another thing, the hotel offers Free WiFi, something that other hotels in the UK could learn from, OK, its a minor thing for most of us but for our two IT mad boys it was a big plus.
Above everything else its the attitude of the staff that was the most impressive thing about this hotel. The service we got was first class, from the check in to check out everyone was friendly, and helpful - all of us felt very welcome. Top marks to our Polish waitress who took time out to make sure we had exactly what we wanted at meal time, and the cleaners who kept the rooms clean and tidy - despite the presence of two teenage boys in our group.
We only had a few days stay but everyone wished we had been able to staly longer.
Well done Clan MacDuff, you have got it just right!
- Also Known As:
- Clan Macduff Fort William
- Hotel Clan Macduff
- Clan Macduff Hotel Fort William, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a STB 3 Star establishment situated just 2 miles south of Fort William on the A82, overlooking loch Linnhe, with outstanding views of magnificent highland scenery. Well-appointed en-suite bedrooms with colour television, hospitality tray etc. Large choice dinner menu. Delicious bar suppers. Fine selection of malt whiskies. Large car park. This friendly family run hotel is dedicated in providing good quality and value hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Clan Macduff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.