“go somewhere else” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Fort William
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“go somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

1. Electrical hazard - plug at desk broken with plug pins/wires exposed.

2&3. Trip hazard - carpet leading into toilet has been cut into four squares, the edges do not meet and the gap caused myself to trip and almost go through the window.

4. Falling fittings hazard - four poster bed, we genuinely feared that the structure would fall on us as it shook every time we moved and squeaked very loudly.

5. "Lochview" room as agreed with Preshant - the view from our window.

6. Imperial brochure - executive 4* bedrooms......in a 3* hotel?????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a list of utterly unprofessional errors and down right lies I'm afraid.......soon as we arrived we were given our receipt, I had intended to check the room first and would have immediately refused and went elsewhere, but I had already had the payment taken and would have lost £89.

we booked through late rooms - £89 for dinner,bed & breakfast - I called and spoke to Preshant prior to booking to find out if there were any restrictions on menu's and can we use the a-la-carte on this offer and was told - "we can choose anything on the menu, except steaks"

- when we went to the dining room we were given a curry menu and a bar menu - when we asked to see the a-la-carte we were told there was a supplement on all items on that menu, we were the only people dining in the hotel on a Friday evening at 7pm. We eventually did settle on the bar menu as we already felt robbed and lied to enough, the waiter took our order and went and prepared our meals himself - no chef/cook!!

Our prawn cocktails had lots of brown lettuce, curries were pre-prepared, just heated up. We both ordered Pavlova - what we got was a meringue disk, tinned fruit cocktail thrown on top and covered in canned whipped cream - laughable, had we not paid for "a 3 course a-la-carte menu"

no trouser press as advertised

wet/damp carpet in bedroom after using bath!!

advertised bars opened till 11pm - but closed by 9pm

As we checked out an english couple came in to inquire about prices - and the reception girl asked how much their budget was - normally I'd have been surprised but not after our experience here.

My wife and I have stayed in best western hotels once before and were quite happy and we are aware normally that best western have a good reputation - we are touring throughout Scotland for the next month and no doubt would have booked other best western hotels along the way, but sadly after the utterly shabby way we have been treated and the clear lack of safety or standards I would have expected to be imposed by best western as a prerequisite as part of the membership, after all its the best western name and reputation that also is being damaged by the Imperial.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

We were recommended to stay here from the Best Western Windsor Hotel in Nairn, as we were travelling to Fort William.
We had a fantastic newly renovated room with sea views which was great. The room was nicely decorated and very clean.
We particularly liked the warm cosy bar and the lovely breakfast in the morning. Staff were also very friendly and helpful. Overall a perfect stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Prash23, Manager at BEST WESTERN Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
Dear Sir,

Let me start by thanking you for such a nice review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are thankful for your appreciation about the service you recieved at our hotel during your stay.I hope to see you again in future.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 01397 702040.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great days ahead!

Prashant Kumar
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I have just taken a coach tour up to Fort William and the surrounding area, and we used this hotel as our base for 4 nights. The manager and his staff were so charming and friendly and just could not do enough for you. Hotel absolutely spotless and warm and beds extremely comfortable. Food and service excellent.. Ceilidh provided one night brilliant, and the hotel's Bingo evening turned out to be one of the best laughs we had ever had. It did have one major draweback unfortunately, and that is we had to come home after the 4 nights - yes, we would have stayed on if we could have. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010
Prash23, Manager at BEST WESTERN Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Dear Mervyn,

Let me start by thanking you for such a nice review regarding your and your coach's recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. These type of comments helps our staffs to work even more better to get the good results. We hope to see you again.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Prashant Kumar
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Like that it is 5 minutes walk away from the rail station and the filling breakfast. Other than that; despite it was stated there's inroom broadband, the room I was staying in was located too far from the access point, hence I had to stay in the lobby area in order to access the network. There is no lift, room structure is all over the place, I had to navigate the stairs and thru so many exit doors before I came to my room. The management should install a better sound reduction wall - I could actually hear the couple next door "gosh"!!! Overall, I can still make do with it as afterall what else do you expect from a B&B.

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

stopped here on the of chance of a room after the day before being horrid.guy on reception could not have been nicer, the room was lovely with views over the loch,nothing was to much bother for them. easy access for surrounding area. food was very nice and well presented. breakfast was lovely and hot and dinning area looks over the water. if your ever passing this is the place to stay. i will highly recommend it to all friends and family

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

We stayed for a 2 days "Best Western
Imperial Hotel" wich was perfect. Hotel has a great location, right in the middle of the town centre, near bus and train station. The value is excellent with breakfat and free wireles internet. The staff very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Tamworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I think this hotel has improved beyond all expectation since it has been under new ownership. I will always stay here and consider that this hotel is a comfort stay

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!