We were really pleased with the Factors Inn, at £85.00 per head for Dinner Bed and scrumptious breakfast in the Castle, we thought the package offered a bit of romance without too much pain to our credit card.
Didn't get off to a good start though, we arrived about 5.00ish, we couldn't find any staff.The place isn't staffed till 6.30pm, we were expected to check in at the castle, didn't say that on our confirmation letter though, after a frantic phone call this was explained and normal service was resumed.
Dinner at the Factors Inn well was well cooked so long as you enjoy steaks, lacked a bit of atmosphere, we put that down to a foul wet evening and a Monday.
We took coffee in the main hotel no problem, dodged the showers. We arrived and as expected we were treated professionally like any other guest ( £20 for the night- cap glass of Talisker was a bit rich though -ouch!) very friendly and efficient service.
We had originally booked room 5 , but quickly found out it was the noisy room, next to the generator so declined it and we were transfered to room 3 much larger and really comfortable, proper fluffy pillows and queen size bed to boot. Tea & coffee making facilites, but no tea pot . high quality modern bath fittings with plenty of hot water.
- Also Known As:
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel Fort William
- Inverlochy Castle Fort William, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Inverlochy Castle Hotel and Restaurant, Fort William, Scotland.Inverlochy is Scotland's finest luxury hotel and restaurant uniquely located amongst the glens, lochs and mountains of the West Highlands of Scotland.At Inverlochy you will experience one of the most relaxing and exciting vacations of a lifetime, where every detail for your comfort and enjoyment has been carefully considered.Rooms & ReservationsEach of the 17 bedrooms, all with private bathroom, have their own individual design and character, along with splendid views of the grounds and surrounding mountains. Room facilities include 30 inch Phillips mirror televisions, personal laptop computer with internet access, personal safe, cd player, radio, iron/ironing board. DVD player and video player as well as Playstation II available upon request.Below are small images of our rooms at Inverlochy. By clicking on the images you will be taken to a page with a 360°, interactive image of the entire room. This allows you to capture the unique atmosphere of our very individual rooms and make the choice of which of our luxury rooms you would like to reserve.Dining at InverlochyDinner at Inverlochy is an experience to savour in any of our three dining rooms, each decorated with period and elaborate furniture presented as gifts to Inverlochy Castle from the King of Norway.Dining at InverlochyDinner at Inverlochy is an experience to savour in any of our three dining rooms, each decorated with period and elaborate furniture presented as gifts to Inverlochy Castle from the King of Norway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Inverlochy Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.