“You may never find superior lodging on this planet” 5 of 5 stars

You added Inverlochy Castle to your Saves list
Inverlochy Castle
5.0 of 5 Castle   |   Torlundy, Fort William PH33 6SN, Scotland   |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“You may never find superior lodging on this planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went on a two week trip through Ireland and Scotland with my wife. We've never been to the Old Country before,and had our share of some very nice B&Bs. The castle is another animal entirely-wow. I appeared worn from our travels evidently, and the highly attentive staff thought to bring the Whiskey trolley by for a spirit. that was the start of a wonderful two night stay. The rooms were excellent. We went in July and were able to tour the grounds and the walled garden. The dinner the first night was without equal in my life. Service was world class, and the food was insanely good. Even some excellent US restaurants have weakpoints, but the kitchen was firing on all cylinders for us. I already made up my mind to return to FOrt William someday, but Inverlochy made it a definite plan. You see words tossed around to describe this place-lovely, wonderful, superb, exceptional-they are all appropriate. The physical trappings are all in place, but what really makes it is the staff. All very good. I was made to feel respected and clearly cared for. They even had a suit coat and shirt with tie, as I didn't pack that much extra stuff. You can look a very long time for equivalent lodging and food and never come up with the infusion of excellence which we experienced this July at Inverlochy.

Room Tip: Who needs a pool when you have a real, live loch? You may wish to bring a proper suit coat and tie.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to add your review for the Trip Advisor community. At Inverlochy, we pride ourselves on an excellent level of service in all aspects of the Hotel but especially so in the areas you mention. I really do hope you make it back to Fort William and especially to Inverlochy. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Inverlochy Castle Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took my Wife to Inverlochy Castle for lunch to celebrate our 1st Wedding anniversary. It can be only described as a wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived we were treated like Royality.

They well deserve all their awards

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing Inverlochy for such an important occasion as your first anniversary. We really do pride ourselves on the food we are able to produce and that this shines through and our guests are able to enjoy. We would be very privileged if you were to return for your second anniversary.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in hoping for lunch. We were warmly welcomed in the car park and given a choice of places to have lunch! We chose the drawing room with it's lovely views over the hills.
Our soup was delicious and the salad that followed truly gorgeous. I really loved my cream tea with beautiful warm scones. Service was great friendly and attentive. The hotel decor is fabulous, check out the ceiling in the main hall. A beautiful castle.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words on your recent visit for lunch at Inverlochy. We’re glad you took the opportunity to stop in whilst on your travels. Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you once more in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My son and I recently stayed at the Inverlochy Castle Hotel whilst touring the Highlands. From the moment our private guide drove us into the estate, we knew that we had arrived at a superb destination; and how right we were. You are greeted as if you are royalty by exceptionally warm and friendly staff. The hotel is simply superb. The main function rooms are magnificently decorated (you could easily feel as though you are at Balmoral Castle) and the bedroom we had was pure luxury. We had a view of the nearby loch and the huge bathroom was wall to wall carpeted making it feel warm and cosy. The room had all the mod-cons (e.g.complimentary wifi, flat-screen TV etc) that you'd expect in a modern 21st Century hotel. The cuisine was sublime. We had a delicious dinner, where the food was beautifully served and presented. It was preceded by drinks and canapes in one of the lounges where a pianist was playing. Coffee was served in another lounge with after-dinner chocolates. The next morning, we had a full Scottish breakfast -wonderful! This hotel, its surrounds, service, rooms, cuisine and atmosphere make it a haven for a peaceful retreat in what must surely be one of the most beautiful settings in the world. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your son to Inverlochy Castle and I am happy to hear how you enjoyed the hotel and all it has to offer, I sincerely hope we may welcome you both back in the future.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've only been here for tea in their lovely drawing room, but its the best place I've ever been to in Scotland for such things. The view is amazing, the tea is great, and presented beautifully - the only place I know with crocheted tea cosies (not naff, honest!) and a pot of hot water, tea strainer and the works get brought out when you ask for tea) The shortbread was pretty good too - 3 different sorts, although that at the Bunchrew house hotel wins my accolade for best Shortbread in Scotland (and believe me I have tested extensively!). The loos are very grand, and the flower arrangements around the public areas wonderful too. Have dropped by for tea several times and alwas been delighted. I think I might feel a little uncomfortable if I was there in jeans and trainers - its a beautiful place, with beautiful views.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I am pleased to read you have taken the time to stop at Inverlochy Castle many times and relax in our beautiful drawing room. We certainly are lucky to be surrounded in some amazing scenery. We welcome such a wide variety of guests for afternoon tea, from hikers trekking through the amazing scenery to families dressed in their finest for a special occasion.
Our in house florist Gail takes care of all the flower arrangements throughout the castle which I feel adds that extra bit of glamour. I look forward to welcoming you back for tea again soon.

Kind regards
Jane Wason
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I would give this a five star rating if it didn't have carpeting in the bathroom - ew! We had a beautiful suite overlooking the incredible scenery in the area. Overall the staff and food were lovely. Every evening, cocktails in the drawing room with an attentive staff, where you order your dinner. You are called in to the dining room when the meal is ready to be served. Breakfast was wonderful, the staff was very helpful in recommending the day's activities. Absolutely beautiful setting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. With so many great activities and beautiful places to visit in the area the staff here are always happy to offer advice or assist in planning your day. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Inverlochy Hotel is my favorite hotel in all of Europe. I feel as if I am the lady of the manor each time we visit. The grounds are full of lush, green, gently rolling green hills and stately evergreens. The rooms are elegant, but extremely comfortable. The staff is courteous without too much interference. The cuisine served in the jacket and tie required restaurant is fresh, Scottish fare with European influences. Their Michelin star is well deserved. Visiting the hotel is a chance to get away from the demands of work and truly relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery, relax in elegance and revel in the Scottish Highlands.

My first response to "where do you want to spend vacation?," is "Inverlochy Castle!"

Room Tip: I love the Queen's Suite.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
InverlochyCastle, General Manager at Inverlochy Castle, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, with so many familiar faces that have stayed with us again and again over the years, it is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests such as yourselves.
I also completely agree that the queen suite is a real treat where you can relax and feel like the lady of the manor.
I look forward you welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards
Jane Watson

Been to Inverlochy Castle? Share your experiences!