I went on a two week trip through Ireland and Scotland with my wife. We've never been to the Old Country before,and had our share of some very nice B&Bs. The castle is another animal entirely-wow. I appeared worn from our travels evidently, and the highly attentive staff thought to bring the Whiskey trolley by for a spirit. that was the start of a wonderful two night stay. The rooms were excellent. We went in July and were able to tour the grounds and the walled garden. The dinner the first night was without equal in my life. Service was world class, and the food was insanely good. Even some excellent US restaurants have weakpoints, but the kitchen was firing on all cylinders for us. I already made up my mind to return to FOrt William someday, but Inverlochy made it a definite plan. You see words tossed around to describe this place-lovely, wonderful, superb, exceptional-they are all appropriate. The physical trappings are all in place, but what really makes it is the staff. All very good. I was made to feel respected and clearly cared for. They even had a suit coat and shirt with tie, as I didn't pack that much extra stuff. You can look a very long time for equivalent lodging and food and never come up with the infusion of excellence which we experienced this July at Inverlochy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Inverlochy Castle Hotel and Restaurant, Fort William, Scotland.Inverlochy is Scotland's finest luxury hotel and restaurant uniquely located amongst the glens, lochs and mountains of the West Highlands of Scotland.At Inverlochy you will experience one of the most relaxing and exciting vacations of a lifetime, where every detail for your comfort and enjoyment has been carefully considered.Rooms & ReservationsEach of the 17 bedrooms, all with private bathroom, have their own individual design and character, along with splendid views of the grounds and surrounding mountains. Room facilities include 30 inch Phillips mirror televisions, personal laptop computer with internet access, personal safe, cd player, radio, iron/ironing board. DVD player and video player as well as Playstation II available upon request.Below are small images of our rooms at Inverlochy. By clicking on the images you will be taken to a page with a 360°, interactive image of the entire room. This allows you to capture the unique atmosphere of our very individual rooms and make the choice of which of our luxury rooms you would like to reserve.Dining at InverlochyDinner at Inverlochy is an experience to savour in any of our three dining rooms, each decorated with period and elaborate furniture presented as gifts to Inverlochy Castle from the King of Norway.Dining at InverlochyDinner at Inverlochy is an experience to savour in any of our three dining rooms, each decorated with period and elaborate furniture presented as gifts to Inverlochy Castle from the King of Norway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Inverlochy Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel Fort William
- Inverlochy Castle Fort William, Scotland