“Very Comfortable Guest House” 4 of 5 stars

Ardgarry Guest House
3 Fairfield Road, Inverness IV3 5QA, Scotland   |
Ranked #44 of 217 Inverness B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very Comfortable Guest House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Owners very friendly and welcoming. En-suite room very clean and comfortable. Breakfast very nice. House very convenient for town centre. Would stay again if requiring accommodation in area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Good location
Good owners
Good breakfast

We ( New Zealand walkers) have stayed in over 150 B&B s in the UK - this is the only one - the only one - to offer (unsolicited) to run us free of charge to the train station to catch the train south, in the early morning.

What more can we say about the people who run this establishment?

As it happened - the next morning it was raining - as only it can in Scotland !
We were delivered on time at the Train Station - with dry packs - as promised

Stay here

Mike Parsonage & Jo Baddeley
Auckland
NZ

Room Tip: Double ensuit
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Chaidari, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We were there for 3 nights on the beginning of our trip.
Easy to find. 10 mins walk from/to the bus station. And a pleasant one because you have to go through the bridge over the river... :)
Quiet. Delicious brakefast etc etc, but what realy counted for us was that they made us feel like we were visiting friends.
And made our lives easier when we needed a tour to the Foyers falls!
Not to mention that any suggestion we took turned out to be a great idea!
Thank you for everything!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Duffield, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Stayed for two nights in a single room. Cost £30 per night, booked by email.

It is about 10 minutes walk from the railway and bus stations and city centre, across the river (easiest route across the suspension footbridge), in a fairly quiet residential area.

There are five rooms, three of which are singles.

The room was small, but pleasant, overlooking the front. There was a modern TV, some storage space, and washbasin, but no chair or table and not en-suite. There are two toilets/showers which were fine.

Breakfast was good with an extensive choice.

The owners were away, and their son looking after the place, so I did not encounter the experience others have portrayed here.

The website says there is a guest lounge, which seemed to not exist; there is a lounge where breakfast was served but marked ‘private’. And the supply of drinks mentioned by others did not exist, (there was limited coffee but no tea in the room).

I needed to leave by 7.30 on my final morning. Breakfast is listed as starting at 7.00, and this was confirmed in the email when I booked. However, it actually starts at 7.30 and could not be earlier. I was given a packed breakfast, which was of considerable quantity and variety.

These points did not cause any inconvenience to me, and the packed breakfast really worked out better than having it there early, and I would not normally expect a B&B to provide breakfast that early (7.30 is early anyway). But ... the website should give accurate information on facilities and when booking why tell me about breakfast at 7.00 if this is not the case!

Based on my visit, I would rate this as a quite good B&B but nothing special. It did not fulfil all expectations but is probably similar to other places (but which do not claim to be more).

I went on the Jacobite cruise to Loch Ness (3 hours, £19), and visited the battlefield at Culloden - an easy bus journey. I would recommend both.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Ardgarry, Manager at Ardgarry Guest House, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your review,

I'm surprised to hear you write that we you were unable to have an early breakfast, when I asked you what time you would like breakfast the previous evening you said that you had to leave at 7am, I don't start serving cooked breakfast until 7am, that is why I offered you a pack lunch which you were happy to receive consisting of 2 coronation chicken rolls, 2 bags of crisps, 2 cakes, 2 biscuits, a banana & a carton of orange juice.

I had another breakfast to serve at 7am so if you were requiring breakfast at 7am it would have be no problem to serve you a cooked breakfast, I'd be surprised if any Guest House in Inverness would serve a cooked breakfast at 6.30am.

That's a good observation about the private sign on the guest's lounge door, it has been there since before we bought the house & I've never thought about removing it, I'll remove it today.

I must apologise for not offering you a cup of tea or coffee on your arrival, I always offer guests a complimentary cup of tea or coffee with biscuits & cakes on arrival if I have time to make it & sit to chat with them for 10 minutes about things i recommend to see & do in the local area.

Hopefully you enjoyed your stay enough to visit us again in the future.

Kind regards

Garry Clark
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

I was on holiday to Inverness by train to stay 2 nights at Ardgarry Guest House. The people who own hotel were aware I have no hearing and poor speech. They were very helpful, nice room, very cleanliness and nearest shopping center. Place is recommend for who want to go visit at Kyle of Lochalsh, Thurso or Wick because it is nearest by train (Inverness) station.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Ardgarry is a family-run guest house that has a warm and welcoming atmosphere in a very central location. We stayed for only 3 days but the owners were so friendly and helpful in every way like they'd known us for years. They serve the most amazing breakfast- all fresh and local products. And they have a good number of books on the Scots culture as well as several travel guides that you can freely search through. Inverness is a great town and we'll definitely go back to Ardgarry on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Stayed two nights in Ardgarry and found the B&B very comforable, hosts very friendly and rooms clean.

Also great value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ardgarry Guest House? Share your experiences!