A warm, caring and effusive welcome began our stay here. We were expected and greeted by name without introducing ourselves. We were offered a corner room with a view across the Ness River. It was one flight up (no lift). For anyone with difficulty walking, it's 20 steps to the first floor. We booked dinner that evening and had a delicious home cooked meal that pleased us both.
Our room had en suite stall shower and loo, very modern in this ancient building and sparkling clean. We had an unobstructed view of the river and the lovely buildings and castle on the other side of the river.
Service was great. We expressed a desire to have some real Aberdeenshire Angus Beef steaks for dinner and I had seen a place. The proprietor telephoned the restaurant (The Steak Academy) and was assured that they had the real thing. It was a great dinner.
Strathness House made our stay in Inverness comfortable and easy. We'll stay there again if we return.
Howard and Don
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland