“Response to CityTravel431” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukie, Oregon
“Response to CityTravel431”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed at Ardconnel House twice now and will go back. On my second trip to Scotland, I toured more of the region and had an opportunity to stay in quite a few B&B's. I was thankful when the time came to be back in Inverness at the Ardconnel House! CityTravel431, obviously did not research B&B's in the area, or they would have discovered what a gem they had! On my last trip, I befriended a lady who was staying at an atrocious B&B about a 1/2 mile away and was aching to find a room here after visiting me. I went with her to try and find her more suitable accommodations since Ardconnel House was (of course) filled to capacity. Eventually, we did find her something slightly improved from where she had been (with the help from Lizzy and John and their recommendations) but still not up to the caliber here. I'm sorry CityTravel431 didn't appreciate the charm of the house and great couple who runs it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This B & B is highly recommended by me for the following reasons:

Superb Scottish style breakfasts catering to different tastes by offering a varied menu selection, including home baked croissants straight from the oven!

Rooms are attractively presented with ample toiletries, linens for a comfortable visit after a tiring day on the road.

John, Elizabeth and Susan were friendly and accommodating during our 2 day stay.

All being well, I will stay there next visit to Inverness.

Sandra Cumming, Mississauga, ON Canada

Room Tip: Rooms away from street noise; furnished with closet, ample linen supply, clock-alarm radio and inde...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reidsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I cannot imagine anyone writing an unfavorable review of Ardconnel House B&B. The owners, John and Elizabeth, were the most welcoming and accommodating owners of a B&B that I have ever encountered. Their rooms were immaculately clean and tastefully decorated and my bed was very comfortable. The breakfasts were bountiful and delicious. My full day in Inverness was a Sunday and the buses were not running. John came to my rescue and drove me to the Culloden Battlefield in his personal car, allowing me to remain as long as I wished. All I had to do was call Ardconnel House when I was ready to return to the B&B and within a few minutes, Elizabeth arrived in her personal car to give me a ride back. Both were very helpful in giving me directions to places in the city to which I could walk. A very nice feature of their facility is a large lounge for use by guests. Their location could not have been better. The Ardconnel House is uphill from the Inverness train station and I took a taxi to reach it; however, when it was time to leave, Elizabeth gave me directions for an easy--and quite beautiful--walk downhill to reach the train station. Despite having given me very clear directions, she was careful to insure that I had a clear understanding of the route that I should follow. I look forward to having another opportunity to stay at Ardconnel House B&B in Inverness and to see this delightful couple.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I followed Rick Steve's recommendation to stay at the Ardconnel House during our recent two night stay in Inverness, this week, and we are tremendously pleased we did. Perfect "in-town" location, perfect accommodations, perfect breakfast and perfect hosts (John and Elizabeth). This place is a terrific value in every way.

If you're looking for a clean, quiet, well appointed suite, located only steps from all Inverness has to offer; then this is the place for you. The elegant dining room and delicious "cooked to order" breakfast will get your day in the Highlands off to a great start.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. We were located on the top floor facing the street and never heard a thing...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
nsw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great location the rooms are clean and tidy in fact this is the best b&b we have stayed at in uk ,hosts are fabulous and we couldnt recomend it highly enough .sorry the rooms are spottless!
Sue and alan from australia

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandpoint, Idaho, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Since my husband and I have travelled in different countries around the world, staying mainly at B&B's, we were shocked to read the poor review submitted August 2013 about the Ardconnel House B&B. It has been our favorite due to the cleanliness, friendliness, excellent food, cozy rooms in charming decor, and most important, the most helpful and encouraging B&B owners ever, John and Elizabeth. If City travel 431 had looked at the website, the room's sizes and decor are shown, along with a description of each room and bath. When we arrived, we were given advise where to visit in Inverness, and since we had no car, John even drove us himself to visit a nearby castle. Our bed was comfortable and the rooms are updated yearly. We've never had such a fabulous breakfast which included eggs, fish, blood pudding, pastries, homemade bread, fruit, etc. The main complaints of City travel 431 seemed to be for B&B's in general instead of a hotel, but those of us B&B lovers choose them for the very complaints they expressed- fewer rooms, cozy atmosphere, living in someone's home without desk service, and informal atmosphere. Since we're planning another trip to Inverness again soon, I happened on this review, and couldn't believe it was the same Ardconnel House we stayed at. The owners will go to every effort to make the traveller's experience the best, and it wasn't their fault that all rooms were taken that busy weekend or that party goers were loud in the street. It's away from town, and it was very quiet the times we stayed there. I hope this clears up any doubts for those who plan to stay there. And please do read the other 98% of positive reviews on Trip Advisor for the Ardconnel House.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
John R, Owner at Ardconnel House B&B, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. These are truly appreciated especially as you stayed in the same room as CityTravel431.!!

We are looking forward very much to welcoming you both back to Ardconnel House!
Bodø, Nordland, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed with Liz and John again this summer for 4 nights and as always I felt like being at home. The warm and friendly athmosphere created by Liz and John is unik and The food is great! The rooms are comfortable and clean and I really think the review of the couple fram America named CityTravel431 is very unfair and untrue! The Ardconnel House is not a hotel and has never pretended to be one. I have stayed in this B&B several times as I have in other B&Bs in the uk and Ardconnel House is at the top of my preferrances

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ardconnel House B&B? Share your experiences!