“A great cheap and cheerful place for food and drink.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 194 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“A great cheap and cheerful place for food and drink.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Came in here for a quick lunch with my husband and son. We had a bacon cheeseburger which was great and we also had 2 fish n chips which were freshly made and all good sized portions. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The place could do with a makeover however overall a good experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FlukeInn, General Manager at Fluke Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi

I would first of all like to thank you for taking the time to write your review about your experience at The Fluke.

It is a pleasure to read when a guest takes there own personal time to put on positive comments about the Restaurant, My team and I thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Thank You.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I pass this pub everyday and see the sign for two for one meals, I always thought it can't be up to much if it's doing a deal like that!
Well I was wrong, myself and partner enjoyed our meals very much, He had the burger tower and I had steak, both were very nice and two for the price of one was great value, desserts were round about four pounds and the eton mess was delicious, I had sticky toffee pudding which was ok, there was something missing from it but I still enjoyed it, staff were polite and I would go back to the fluke again, that's a great deal you've got going, and there is plenty to choose from.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi

Thank You.
Birmingham
“Enjoyable meal but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Look forward every year coming up on holiday and going with family to The Fluke for lunch.Always have lovely meal with good service.Today however, although we had 4 lovely meals and drinks for £30, we were disgusted on seeing the receipt that we had been charged £2 for 2 slices of what tasted like supermarket brand white bread.Come on Fluke,you let yourselves down as no justification for charging £1 for slice of bread.As ever good quality food and lovely friendly staff.Also child friendly

• Visited July 2013
FlukeInn, Manager at Fluke Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hi thanks for taking to the time to complete a review and then returning on Sunday so we could correct our error. Hope everything was perfect this time round and look forward to seeing you again on your travels next year.

Scotland
“Honest pub grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

After a long day travelling and in hospital, we just wanted a decent hot meal and that's what we got!
Fed up with lukewarm food, sticky tables and boring veggi options at a big known brand near here, we tried The Fluke.
I'm a veggi who hates cheese and pasta ( can people not do better than mac cheese or lasagne for us veggies?!) This place had plenty choice and with two main courses for around a rennet its spot on.
Companion chose pork escalope, I had a bean burger. Deep fried maybe but plenty of non fried options too.
Friendly service, clean environment and a nice atmosphere.
Will be back to try the other dishes! And- with the kids, their menu was fab too!

• Visited July 2013
FlukeInn, Manager at Fluke Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi thanks for taking to the time to complete a review. We do try to vary the menu and do always change our vegetarian options as we realise it can become repetitive. My team and I thank you for your kind comments with regards to the rest of your experience and hope to see you in again sometime soon.

Inverness
“kazza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Ate here last week ,its the only place I eat at in Inverness,The fish and chips are orgasmic,light crispy batter and large enough portion,excellent value for money,had many meals here,hardest part is what to choose,friendly staff always ask how your food is.if you havent been try it,you wont be disapointed.

• Visited June 2013
FlukeInn, Manager at Fluke Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi thanks for taking to the time to complete a review. It is a pleasure to read when a guest takes the time to put on positive comments my team and I thank you for them. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.