Stayed for one night paid £220 for room number six. Ended up having little sleep with only a mild apology for the inconvenience. The noise from the kitchen above the room and the constant drone of the fan from I assume was the extractor in the kitchens ,until it was switched off at 23.55 after I complained. We were awoken the following morning at 7.30 am no chance for a lie in with the noise again.
When we first arrive we were told dinner in the restaurant could only be booked for 8.30 for 9pm was not that keen to eat so late ,so me and my hubby were going to eat elsewhere. Following coming back from a walk we were offered a booking for 7.30 for 8pm we jumped at the chance.
Bad mistake ,guess when we got our starter yes 8.55pm and the bread was delivered virtually at the same time. The scallops were cold but I was hungry so I eat them, the manger did offer to deduct them from my bill but they ended up deducting my husbands cheaper starter.
The service was pretty poor at dinner the wine was put into a ice bucket at the back of my husbands chair , after quite some time we were bringing to feel rather neglected so we did have to ask if it could be poured Following this we ended up pouring most of the wine ourselves for fear of evaporation (LOL) hardly what you expect of a five star establishment ,could go on and on but that would bore you to tears. Suffice it to say I won't be back most disappointing expensive experience.
The only positive breakfast was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star boutique hotel opened in February 2006. A totally renovated Georgian Townhouse featuring stunning modern original design. The hotel also has a Chez Roux restaurant with a French flair and R-bar for cocktails. All produce used is local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel And Chez Roux
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel & Chez Roux Hotel Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel & Chez Roux Inverness, Scotland