“Treated me like family” 4 of 5 stars

4 Culduthel Road, Inverness IV4 2AB , Scotland   |
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
“Treated me like family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hostel was so cozy and friendly. The staff are great, the rooms are nice for hostel standards, and location is pretty central. Just a walk down the street are three grocery markets and a little further is the waterfront leading to where most restaurants are located. Only spent one night here, but I had a great night exchanging stories with other travelers by the fire. The common area can be a bit cramped for some people's standards, but to me it was cozy and made me feel like I was back in my cabin in the States. The kitchen was also nice. Rooms are not en suite, so the bathroom is down the hall but it was very clean and there was plenty of hot water. I was pleasantly surprised when one of the French guests had made dinner and gave everyone that walked into the common area a serving. For those concerned about valuables, there are lockers in the rooms and you can get locks from the staff. This kind of accommodation is perfect for young travelers and college students, but it can suit anyone's needs. Overall it was a great experience and I would choose a hostel like this where you can meet a variety of travelers over a hotel any day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friend and I had already felt bad with the atmosphere once we got into the room. Yet we just spent there for one night and when considering the cost, I thought that was acceptable. We were very tired so that we fell asleep so quickly. However, we were waken up by some weird sounds from the other side of the wall. It could be the sounds made by some other visitors so we just ignored it. Then, we heard the sound from the door as if it was pushed by someone slightly and we told ourselves this time it could just be the air pressure. This situation happened two times... but we just tried to fall asleep until we were really frightened by the big noise from the door knob. It seemed someone tried very hard to open the door vigorously. Of course, it was locked... However, we did not hear any other noise like footsteps or opening doors which must be heard when someone has to reach the corridor because the sound insulation there was poor...
At the end, we just quickly went down to our friends' room and stay awake for the whole night together. The staffs there refused to give us the refund of that room but I could understand that as I do not think everyone living there have the same experience... And I know it was also out of their control. They could do nothing about it actually... So I just want to share my bad experience here as a reminder for the people who might be aware of those things.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The staff were so chilled out and helpful. The vibe of the place was great for solo travellers, and the lounge area is very welcoming.

It is an old building, so the kitchen is smallish and the windows let in a bit of sound, but wasn't an issue for me. You can't beat the location and price.

It's walking distance to moat everything which is very convenient.

I actually I paid by mistake and the next day the staff let me know and refunded what I had overpaid! I wouldnt have noticed so well done for being so honest. F
Ugly endorse this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The staff were very friendly.

We had a twin room with shared bathroom. Decent size rooms- the room had a dam smell possibly due to the carpet. The hostel is clean. Walking distance to town and down to the river. Supermarket nearby. About 7 minutes walk to train and bus station.

Great kitchen facilities- oven, stove, grill, kettle, microwave. The common room can't cater for too many people but is very cozy with a wood fire chimney.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Warm welcome, fireplace, friendly staff, light bedrooms, free towel and padlock. Good asmosphere & price. Best hostel @Inverness. One Thing, the place isn't very clean... So better take your flipflops.

• Stayed October 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Friendly receptionist, helpful and shows you around. Nice clean kitchen, perfect location. and a really nice relaxing lounge, with a nice fire which was very welcome in this cold weather !!! I travelled alot round NZ so this free internet was a surprise and very nice ! towels are also free which is great :) had a good night sleep and for me, i would recommend this place and not be afraid to do so :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Findhorn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The standard of cleanliness in this hostel is poor. The kitchen and toilets need a good clean (e.g. there was old faeces underneath the toilet seat and at the back of the bowl and thick layers of dust on the rubbish bins). And, we were not sure when the duvets were last clean - they look and smell dirty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bazpackers Hostel? Share your experiences!