“Fantastic hotel with excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Redcliffe Hotel
1 Gordon Terrace, Inverness IV2 3HD, Scotland   |
Ranked #170 of 220 Inverness B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel with excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Stayed at the Redcliffe with my husband for 2 nights between Xmas and New Year, we just wanted a relaxing few days and this is exactly what we got.

Great location right in the heart of Inverness with free parking so that was an added bonus not having to worry about the car. Our room was so comfortable, totally modernised, large, clean. Everything you want and don't always get. Shower was hard to get out off!

The staff are a credit to this hotel, very attentative. Also worth mentioning that this is a small hotel so you are not just another customer passing through the door.

We plan to go back to Inverness in the future and it's good to know where we'd stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness and spacious room. Also location
  • Disliked — Nothing - all perfect (and I'm hard to please!!)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

One poster mentioned Room 6 being horrible. Room 7 was a nightmare also. It was a tiny, dirty single located over the kitchen. The vibration from the ktichen fan and noise continued to 10:00 pm and made sleep impossible.

I am used to small hotel rooms in the UK but in this one you could sit on the bed and work at the desk. The worst part was the drapes that hung over the bed and you as you slept. I had nightmares all night and barely slept.

I had planned to spend two nights here but checked out after one. I also would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I found a late room at the Thistle for the same price I was paying here.

Stayed September 2008
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

I had a really bad experience. Food was bad (burnt toast etc) and the room was extremely noisy at night. I then posted an unfavourable review on another website which obviously didn't take my privacy seriously. They contacted the hotel which then called me up to insist that I retract the bad review. Not a good experience overall. You could stay 1 night here but more than that would be too long.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Receptionist
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

My friend and I stayed at the Redcliffe Hotel for 2 nights and we enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the small side but it was clean and quiet which are most important to me. The bathroom was also very clean although also a bit small (my arms would hit the sides of the glass shower when washing my hair!)

The location of the hotel is great as it is only a 5 minute walk into the town centre. The hotel staff was very helpful in suggesting great restaurants in town. Also, there is free overnight parking which was a plus as we had hired a car.

• Liked — clean and good location
  • Disliked — room and bathroom were small
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Brechin, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

Finding the hotel was a problem because of roadworks but once there, overall impressions were good, especially when we were helped in with our cases. We were allocated rooms 4 and 6. Room 6 is small, even for a single and noisy because the extractor fan for the kitchen is loud until 22.00 hours when thereafter there is a continual humming sound which is very very annoying.The female receptionist suggested earplugs (already tried), then try a double whisky in order to rest and sleep. At least in room 4, which is a double ,the humming noise was controlled by closing the shower/ toilet room door The food was excellent as was the location for walking into town. Dining staff were polite and friendly.On food, I wish the breakfast menu had a wider choice - kippers? continental?

• Liked — Food in the evening
  • Disliked — My friend's room - number 6
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

We only stayed at the Redcliffe one night on a two week trip to Europe, but wished we had planned to stay longer. We had a nice room for 4 with a king bed, sofe bed (double) and they brought in a roll-away single. It was a little cramped, but gave our college age kids their own bed each. We had a nice view of the castle. The furnishings are new, the bath renovated, and there was a large plasma TV. We especially enjoyed the restaurant and bar. The owner couldn't have been more helpful. They have room to park cars and a nice terrace. We thought it was the best place we stayed. We would definitely recommend the Redcliffe Hotel and would love to stay there again.

• Liked — Nicely renovated room, great food, and helpful staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

I had the pleasure of staying at this small hotel recently with my family.We found the facilities to be very good.The room was large and newly decorated.The bed was so comfy!!!. The only thing we missed in our family room was a bath as we have a 7 month old baby.(She liked the shower however) All of the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The food in the restaurant was fantastic.

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — no bath
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Redcliffe Hotel? Share your experiences!