“Good and Bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Valentine, TX
“Good and Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

There were several good things about this hotel and several negatives as well.

We'll start with the negatives. This hotel has 14 parking spots. There is a lot down the road that you can park in, but it is a little bit of a walk from the hotel. The other negatives were that we were only given 1 towel and about 1/4 a roll of toilet paper. On the plus side, we called the front desk for more and they brought it to us very quickly.

Now the positive things, this hotel is in a great location. It is right on the River Ness and is within walking distance of lots of shopping and many restaurants. The view is very pretty with the river and a castle nearby. The rooms were nice, clean, and the staff was friendly. The hotel was aslo reasonably priced. Overall, I think the positives outweighed the negatives.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre - River Ness, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and all of your constructive comments.

As mentioned in previous posts, the hotel car park is limited to 15 spaces plus 4 disabled bays but there is ample on street car parking directly in front of the hotel. In addition, there is also a large car park, which is no more then a five minute walk away and only charges a reasonable £2 for 24 hours. I do apologise if this impacted your stay but unfortunately due to our city centre location we are unable to offer a larger car park.

I must apologise your room was not fully stocked when you arrived and I will pass these comments onto my housekeeping team to make an immediate improvement.

However, I am delighted you enjoyed the rest of your stay and thank you for the kind words regarding my team. I hope you had a safe journey home and thank you once again for your review.

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by the always friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was very modern and our smart, clean room had a fantastic view of the riverside and castle. Our evening meal shortly after arrival was tasty and generously portioned, and the waiting staff were attentive without being intrusive. We would gladly have eaten there again, however there are a number of other excellent restaurants within walking distance, including Kitchen two doors down where we had a fabulous, though slightly more expensive meal.

We must tell you now that The Premier Breakfast is awesome! There is a fantastic choice and not only was the chef very good he was very friendly and polite to the guests when we saw him.

The city centre is a 2 min walk across the suspension bridge, ideal for shopping, sightseeing or heading out afterwards. Hootenanny's on Church street has live music every night and locally brewed Black Isle beers on tap.

During our long weekend here we went on a boat trip on Loch Ness, discovered the history of Urquhart Castle, visited the Loch Ness exhibition at the Drumnadrochit Hotel and the Black Isle Brewery, 5 mins from Inverness by car, for a free tour and tasting. For those venturing just a little further, we also enjoyed a trip to Cromarty and the Hugh Miller birthplace cottage and Museum run by the National Trust.

Anyone with a passing interest in Scottish history should also make time for a visit to the Culloden Battlefield visitor centre nearby, where we handled broadswords and muskets along with other artifacts under the gaze of centre workers in period costume, which helped to bring the history to life. The guided tour of the battlefield was also was made particularly interesting by our charming guide.

Next time we are in Inverness we will be staying at the River Ness Premier Inn again and would certainly recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Try for a river view and champagne on arrival for a perfect romantic break.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I must start by thanking you for leaving such a detailed and informative review of both the hotel and the Inverness area.

Next, I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I certainly agree that the Premier breakfast is amazing! Also, I will pass on your kind words to my breakfast chef as I know he will appreciate the feedback.

Finally, I am honoured that we are your first choice in Inverness and that you would recommend us to your friends and family. If there is anything I can do to make you or family's stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Lanark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

A group of us stayed in this Premier Inn for my stag do in April 2012. The hotel was reasonably recently opened so was spotlessly clean. The staff were excellent and very helpful and friendly.

The location of the hotel is perfect if you're visiting inverness and if you have a room at the front, the view is quite picturesque.

Rooms are as per all other Premier Inns - clean and spacious. One downfall is that the air conditioning only goes down to 19c - we really would have liked it cooler but the windows don't open to let in any fresh air.

Overall though, a good hotel and well worth the money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I hope you had a good time at your stag party.

I appreciate all feedback I receive and because of this, I am pleased to announce we are getting window restrictors placed in all bedrooms, which will allow the windows to be opened in the very near future. Also, thank you for your kind words about my team and I will be sure to pass them on.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you soon.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay when in Inverness. Clean and very modern.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

I appreciate all feedback I receive and I hope to see you again soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Premier Inn yet again impresses with spotlessly clean rooms, modern and bright, comfortable bed, tea making facilities and good takeaway breakfast. Excellent value for money

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre - River Ness, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We pride ourselves on being the best value for money brand and I am happy we did not let you down.

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our fourth visit and again it did not disappoint, the staff in this hotel need a hugh round of applause, they knew us as soon as we arrived room perfect food perfect staff just wonderful.

Room Tip: ANY ROOM This time we were in 416 & 418 great family rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre - River Ness, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and it was great to welcome you back to the hotel.

Thank you for leaving a tip regarding your family rooms and I am sure the view of Ben Wyvis did not disappoint!

I look forward to seeing you on your fifth visit!

Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a superb stay at this hotel. Rooms are spotless, and everything you need for a short stay is to hand.

One small issue, the check-in procedure using a computer system is a nightmare. We tried to pay by cash but this required a passport - driving license which we didn't have as we were just coming up from Edinburgh, so we HAD to pay by card. This proved to be a bit of a nightmare, we got there in the end, but it took around 30 minutes for 4 of us to check-in. Crazy in this day and age!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back face on to Tesco's car park, not an ideal view - do try and get a river vi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and giving very constructive feedback.

I am sorry that the kiosk check machines made check in difficult for you, in future visits we are certainly happy to check you in at one of our podiums with a reception team member.

However, I am delighted you enjoyed the rest of your stay and please contact me on your next stay to try and get you a river facing view.

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Been to Premier Inn Inverness Centre - River Ness? Share your experiences!