“Lovely Lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 195 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Public restaurant operating within Loch Ness Golf Centre, Inveress, next door to Travelodge Inverness Fairways.
Pitlochry
“Lovely Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Popped in for a quick lunch on route to a meeting - service was fast and very pleasant! We had caesar salads and camabert in breadcrumbs! Very tasty! Staff were in good form, and as I had time to kill later, I went back for a glass of wine and chatted with the owner(?) who was really nice! Will come back for dinner sometime soon!

Visited January 2013

Highlands
“Appalling Service !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After having this place recommended by a friend we thought we would give it a try. The food was dreadful and the service was even worse. They male waiter who served us could not have been anymore unwelcoming if he had tried.

I had the Prawn Cocktail to start which said it came with brown bread, when it arrived and had been launched at me by the waiter, it had no bread, so I asked the waiter politely for it, without a word the waiter went off and then came back and bounced it down in front of me without a word of apology or even a grunt.

For main course my husband had the chicken stuffed with haggis and "Mustard & Whiskey sauce", it was just cream and tasteless. the chips were frozen chips that had been re-fried and were awful. There was a family on the next table to us who sent there chips back because they were inedible.

We were never once asked if our food was ok, the service was appalling and the whole experience was one not to be repeated. We will not be returning.!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Staff very rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went to fairways last month with another 2 adults and 2 children under 5. We were made to feel unwanted as soon as we stepped through the door. The waitress was so rude when taking our order and when our food came out we were accused of ordering an extra meal even though she had already taken 5 out. When I politely explained to her that we did not order an extra meal she insisted on squashing it onto the table infront of my 2 year old daughter until she went through to check with the kitchen. Upon return she grabbed the plate without any apology what so ever. Our meals wasnt that great, chips look like they had been fried two or 3 times over and the meals werent very hot. I was very dissapointed with the whole evening. I have been here so many times and have had some really nice meals served by friendly staff. Such a shame, it just seems to be going downhill now. I have heard a lot of bad reviews recently. I dont think i will be returning any time soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Better off staying at home.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went for a Sunday Carvery. Have been to a few in around Inverness lately and while the Fairways was on the cheaper end of the spectrum the service is truly on the non-existent end of the scale, I would understand (well, no I wouldn't really) if we were tucked in a hidden nook or alcove but as we were pretty prominent in there I have no idea how we ended up being ignored for so much of our experience, which is hard to understand because there was so many waitresses fluffing around and preening themselves for so much of the time.
The food seemed to be made by someone who truly did try, but just never quite seemed to hit the mark and in fairness I never chose to have a desert, perhaps if I did this would have swung my vote a bit higher (or maybe not).
Maybe we were unlucky to go on a bad day, there were a lot of other patrons there which shows that not all share my opinion, but you just got to be honest!
All in all, if you're someone who expects to be treated to good service and tasty food Fairways is not somewhere that should be on top of your list.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“A very good restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Overall a great restaurant. Great food, service, value and atmosphere. Haven't been in a while but will definitely be returning soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere