“Superb meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
edinburgh
“Superb meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went for an evening meal and had an excellent time and they managed to squeeze me in but only just - next time I will definately book! Service as even better than last time. Starter of Scallops simply wonderful. Had pork for my main meal with a honey/ mustard sauce which was lovely.

Each time I go this place appears to have improved, with Stephen a great front of house asset.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“luch time joy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Just had a wonderful lunch in The Joy Of Taste, extremely good fish pie and a HUGE burger!!!.
Great atmosphere and fast service from the attentive staff make for a happy Saturday!!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“lovely food, shame about the cabaret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were lucky to be fitted in on Saturday at 6pm without a booking- as it was already quite full and clearly the later sitting had to be accommodated. The food was excellent- particularly the twice baked souffle which was one of the best starters I've had in a while and my husband's lamb which he said was "melting". Unfortunately the couple that were placed next to us were a total nightmare. Drunk, verbally abusive to each other and just the people you'd never ever want to be placed beside in a restaurant. Knowing the waiting staff were not professionals was not helpful in this instance- I genuinely didn't want to complain or ask to be moved as I wasn't sure how they'd deal with it. The tables are quite close together so we could every insult traded- my husband thought they were placed as "cabaret" and couldn't stop smirking at their antics but I was genuinely a bit worried about the female half of the couple. So- in short- a memorable mean, partly for the food for which we'll gladly travel through from Elgin again, and partly for the cabaret about which we genuinely didn't know what to do. Luckily, it's hardly likely they'll be a second showing (and if there is, I think I'd propably take a more proactive stance) so hope to be back very soon:-)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Inverness
“Excellent lunch time experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have eaten here in the evening but this was my first experience of lunch. Both can be highly recommended.
It was a Saturday lunchtime and by 1245 filling up nicely. There is plenty of space between the tables so you have privacy.
Service can be described as 'leisurely' so perhaps not for people in a hurry. We were seated and waited a few minutes to receive the menus. Drink orders taken quickly. The lunch menu ranges from soup and sandwiches to more substantial fare such as stir fry, pasta and fish pie. We both opted for 100% Aberdeen Angus steak burgers which came with a good portion of chunky chips, home made tomato relish and a side salad. Couldn't fault it and at a very reasonable price. Neither of us had room for any dessert.
Will definitely be back soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Saturday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Had lunch at Joy of Taste on a Saturday in Feb with four friends.

Service was very good and food was excellent.
Best fish pie I have tasted in years!

• Visited February 2014