“Fantastic hotel in the heart of the city” 4 of 5 stars

Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-15 Ness Bank, Inverness IV2 4SG, Scotland   |
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel in the heart of the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here whilst travelling around Scotland. We couldn't believe our luck when we arrived & saw the beautiful views across the river. Great bar & restaurant within the building. Very friendly staff & great value with an excellent Scottish breakfast. Couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view across the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome
you back soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a lovely B & B that is clean, quiet, comfortable, and very well managed. The location is great, with beautiful river views, yet close to downtown. The breakfast was superb. The managers could not have made our stay more enjoyable.

Our only disappointment was we were only in town for 1 night! You cannot go wrong with this guesthouse!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is in the center of the town, so the location could not be better. However your experience will depend a lot on which room you get. We stayed there for 1 night and luckily we got a river facing room on 1st floor - the view was unbeatable and I just loved the whole experience. The hotel is built in a weird shape - some of the rooms are quite far, while others are just by the river side. So you can definitely go ahead with this hotel but ensure that you get a high rise floor and a river side room. Breakfast was decent ; good number of options and their croissants were yum ! Inverness is one the most beautiful places in the world.

Room Tip: You have to pick a river facing room on a higher floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving such positive feedback on your recent stay at The Glen Mhor Hotel and apartments. I am delighted to read how much your enjoyed the whole experience and I hope we get to welcome you back soon again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We loved our stay here, cottage room was very comfortable, views of the river excellent, great location for walking around the city, food is really really good - great breakfast - dinner at Nico's is excellent and great value for money too. We had only a small niggle, originally booked to stay in 4 poster bedroom with river view, bed frame turned out to be very old and squeeky, not good for goodnight's sleep, which was a shame as otherwise room was lovely. Staff were fantastic though and changed our rooms very quickly. Overall great stay, would definietly stay again and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go with a room with a river view...
Dear Guest,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Where should I start? Well, I arrived late when most restaurants were closed so the managers (Gerald & Marissa) offered to "throw something together" so I would not have to go to bed hungry. Gerald's throwing something together just so happened to be the best meal I had in Scotland!!!! My only disappointment was I had prior dinners planned other wise I would have gotten Gerald to make some sort of Curry dish on another night. I did have breakfast each morning which was spectacular. This wasn't someone cooking for you it was Gerald & Marissa having passion to deliver an experience to your table. These folk took care of me like it was my home away from home. I spent 10 days in Spain before I came. The received my golf clubs ahead of time so I had no worries. I needed a place to clean my clothes because of the long trip....they took care of it. I was running late & needed a taxi they took care of it. What ever I needed they took care of. The rooms were nice, clean & comfortable. The hotel is in a great part of town right on the river (ask for the table by the window when you eat there) And within walking distance to most of Inverness. Frankly, at the price I paid for my room I felt like I was stealing. As long as Marissa & Gerald are running this place there will be no other place I will staying in Inverness. It's my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013
new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 days while visiting Inverness. Our room was lovely with a sitting area overlooking the river. The hotel offers easy access to the city. The reception staff was the best we had in 2 1/2 weeks of travel. When we asked them to book us an early taxi for our departure, they called back and offered us an early breakfast - which hadn't even crossed our minds. They also helped us with various aspects of our trip. Dining staff was also very friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend Glen Mhor.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for giving us such a fantastic 5 Star review.

We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us and i'll forward you positive comments to the team.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel wasn't our first choice, rather a last minute due to a double booking.

We had booked twin rooms paying around £5 extra for a river view. Our room was spacious, newly tastefully decorated with a beautiful bay window looking over the river. 2 bucket chairs were situated at the window allowing you to sit and watch the world go by. There was a separate dressing room with tea and coffee making facilities, a bathroom with a large roll top bath leading into a separate shower room and toilet. This was perfect for two ladies sharing a room and both requiring space for hair, makeup etc!

Lying in bed you could still see clearly out the window which was lovely as it was light till late on and early in the morning. The beds were so comfortable with feather pillows a touch of luxury. Complementary toiletries were lovely and we had a separate set for the bathroom and shower.

Breakfast was served until 11am which meant no rushing in the morning and there was a good choice of cooked traditional, cereal yogurts etc. Coffee was served in pots so there was plenty.

Only complaints, minor as it is was the pancakes (amercian style) weren't light and fluffy as I imagined they would be and staff seemed a bit brash and harassed.
Our bathroom door didn't shut, needs a bit taken off and the lino was stained and needed replaced but neither put us up nor done. I just like to be thorough in my reviews.

Would I stay here again, absolutely in a heart beat, have already mentioned it to my husband.

Room Tip: We were in the cottage bit and pay that bit extra for a river view, it is only a small amount!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
The Manager

Been to Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!