“FABULOUS HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Inverness
“FABULOUS HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed over night at the Kingsmills on Friday 5th October with a group booking. We booked in at 3pm room 201 it was fabulous, huge bed massive bathroom really comfortable feeling about the place.We went and used the leisure facility it was very nice, the pool is small but had a nice relaxed atmoshere about it. Dinner was served at 7pm the food was delicious and the staff very efficient and friendly. Breakfast the following morning was excellent only thing was the fire alarm went off so we had to vacate the building , it was only a fire drill and this procedure has to carried out, it did not cause too much disruption.Overall we had a lovely stay in a very well run clean hotel and would certainly recommend it in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest Innes33,

Thank you for taking time to write a guest review. I am delighted to read that you and your party had a fabulous stay at the Kingsmills Hotel. I will pass on your praise to the chef for compliments regarding the food and the Restaurant and Bar Manager for the quality of service.

I apologise the weekly Friday morning Fire Drill made you evacuate the hotel until it was communicated to you that it was a test. This happens every Friday morning usually between 10.30am and 11.30am to ensure we test a different call point every week and ensure all associates are comfortable

Craig Ewan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were looking for a nice hotel in Inverness and had not booked in advance. After a quick phone call negotiated a good rate (was last minute search for accommodation). On arrival greeted pleasantly and decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. Not too pricey and excellent food. Stayed in deluxe room and found it was very comfortable with huge double bed.
Breakfast the following morning was great.
Included in the price is free use of the spa and pool. Nice pool with jacuzzi and worth making the time to take advantage of the facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest "TimSurrey"

Thank you for the guest review. I was delighted that you were satisfied with your last minute search for a quality hotel. I am glad to read that our reception team are up-selling our own restaurants and you enjoyed the quality of the food and the service, as well as good value for money. We do buy local ingredients when we can this does cost a little more however the quality is worth it.

I am also glad you enjoyed relaxing in our leisure club.

East Kilbride
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights from 24th September. We stayed in a classic room which was nice. The bed was huge. Bathroom could be doing with modernisation though. Tried both restaurants in hotel and had 2 lovely meals. Breakfast good too. Staff friendly and helpful. Used leisure facilities which were good, pool small but it wasn't busy so it was fine. Location good, about a ten to fifteen minute walk into city centre. Would stay again if we were in that neck of the woods.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest "LyndseyEK",

Thank you for your guest review. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay. I agree with your feedback that our classic rooms are very comfortable, however are very traditional, especially the bathrooms. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed dinner in both our Inglis Restaurant - fixed price and Conservatory - a la carte. The leisure club does host a 12 meter pool, jacuzzi pool, steam room and two gyms. It is quite club and very rarely do you have to wait for kit or the pool too busy.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills.

Lanark, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here in April 2012 in The Kings Club. This is a very modern and luxurious annexe of the main hotel. We stayed for 3 nights in the cocoon room. We couldn't find fault. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean. The rooms were to a high standard. We had a view overlooking the Golf Course with a private balcony. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If your budget stretches, stay in the Kings Club.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest "David_Pat_Sumner",

Thank you for your guest review and for your loyal business. I was delighted you enjoyed another fantastic stay in our Kingsclub and Spa hotel. I was delighted you enjoyed the hard work and fantastic design that goes into providing this fantastic offering. I was also delighted to see you complement our Housekeeping team with feedback on the high level of cleanliness. I am glad to say that you are not alone in your compliments, as we have just be award the best hotel 2012 by the Highlands and Islands Tourism Awards

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here as part of a coach holiday in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is worth the four stars in every way. From the friendly welcome at the front reception to the well appointed room and bathroom and the delicious fre on offer. Two small problems were put right straight away, no problem whats so ever. Highly recomended and well worth the four night stay.
I was very impressed with the cleanleness of the streets all around the Inverness area. No litter, weeds, dog dirt, or grafitti to be seen. It was a pleasure to be there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your four night stay at the hotel and enjoyed visiting Inverness and the surrounding Highlands. The quality of life up here is fantastic, we are so luck to live in such a beautiful clean environment.

Hopefully we will see you you back here one day.

scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Five girls went from work on a mini spa day at the Kingsmill. From start to finish we had a truly excellent time. All staff were very helpful in all aspects of our spa day. We had a relaxing time in the pool area where we were served tea and cakes. After our swim, jacuzzi and use of sauna and steam room we were taken over to the Kingsclub for our platter lunch, presentation and quality of food again excellent and served by cheerful and pleasant staff. After our platter lunch and dessert we had a massage, again very welcoming and friendly staff. A truly wonderful day enjoyed by us all. I have stayed overnight at this hotel and was impressed then. But due to time and family commitments unfortunately we could not stay overnight this time. Certainly recommend to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest "Brunodog"

Thank you for the feedback on your girlie spa day. I am delighted to read that all five of you enjoyed the whole day and were very well looked after from every department and every associate you encountered. We have a beautiful spa combined with great associates. A winning combination. Spread the word!

Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at The Kingsmills for 1 night, whilst in Inverness for business.
The hotel looked very nice from the outside, and the staff at check-in were very friendly and helpful, but although the room was very large and the bed very comfortable, there was a huge amount of dust and cobwebs in the room (room 47, on the first floor).
The shower had very poor water-pressure, which was a significant problem for my wife, who wanted to wash her very long hair.
The Leisure Centre was good – decent range of cardio and resistance machines, along with a pool, Jacuzzi, steam room etc.
We had dinner in the A La Carte Conservatory (the regular Inglis Restaurant was fully-booked), and it looked very nice – until we ordered. My wife had no trouble making herself understood when she ordered the linguine, but my order for a burger caused some difficulty. I asked if it could be well-done, and the waitress replied that the burgers well all cooked in this way, and definitely cooked all the way through.

20 minutes later, the linguine arrived along with …………………………………. Fish & Chips ! I explained to the (same) waitress that I had ordered the burger, and she then went off to the computerised till to check – she then returned and said that somehow she had typed Fish & Chips into the ordering screen.
She apologised and said that the chef would make a burger immediately, so off went the fish (along with the linguine), and another 20 minutes later the 2 meals appeared.
Sadly, the burger had been rushed, and was most definitely not cooked all the way through. If I want to eat Steak Tartare, I will order it, but when I want a well-done burger that is what I expect.
It might have been a useful touch to perhaps offer a complimentary drink / dessert / whatever to compensate for this error, but sadly no such offer was forthcoming.
This was the only negative to our stay, but it was a significant negative, and it is to this particular dish that I attribute the intestinal episodes that I suffered during the next day.
If we return, I will be wary of what I order from the menu, but with so many choices of accomodation in Inverness I may just "vote with my feet".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest "RickersScotland"

Thank you for your guest review. I am glad that you found your bedroom comfortable. I will pass on your comments to housekeeping as this is very unusual, that you found your room dusty. We are a very busy hotel and every room is nearly used every day and obviously cleaned every day. I apologise regarding you dinner service in our a la carte restaurant. Clearly we got that wrong for you and did not rectify it on the night which is very unusual. We have a very good food and beverage team however clearly we got it wrong on that night. Please contact me directly off line so I can address this. I do want you to return to Kingsmills hotel and enjoy your next stay as you should have on the first occasion.

Craig Ewan

Been to Kingsmills Hotel? Share your experiences!