We stayed here the week before Christmas. I believe that we were the only guests at this mansion-style castle-like hotel, just outside of Inverness. The place was magical and as the only guests, for the standard rate, we got the presidential suite! It was a bit cold in the room, but had a fire. That was my only possible "complaint," but not really, as expected in Scotland in the winter. This was really a special place. The common areas were incredibly appointed as one might expect in such an old school sort of hotel. We were actually able to help ourselves to an open table of exquisite rare single malt scotches from the area - a big plus! This was likely due to light staffing around the holiday, as most of the area shuts down completely, with only a few distilleries open, BTW. The hotel, coincidentally has a sister in Northern California, near Muir Beach, which has been a favorite of ours for years. We were surprised to see this upon departure, to say the least!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conde Nast Gold list property, Georgian Country House which boasts first class service in the Capitol of the Scottish Highlands. Award winning cuisine, magnificent walled garden and gracious rooms await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Culloden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culloden House Hotel Inverness
- Culloden Hotel Inverness
- Culloden House Inverness, Scotland