“Amazing Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Church Street, Inverness IV1 1QY, Scotland   |
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
“Amazing Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We checked-in here for a night on our way back to Manchester from Isle of Skye and we were glad we stayed at Mercure.
Meeting Laura upon checking-in was a most pleasant experience as we have met the most polite, patient and helpful front-desk staff ever! Laura was knowledgeable and most accommodating to our requests, a real gem of your hotel indeed. She was even apologetic for not being able to get a river-facing room for us except a suite which was really not our choice for a one-night's stay. We wish we had a chance to meet her again upon check-out but it was not meant to be. Regardless, this hotel had plenty of other priceless gems as their staff and their rooms are comfy to boot. Had a great time here despite a night & will be back should we drop by Inverness in future. Thank you Mercure Inverness staff!
ps. Love your pool table too & your lobby is so cozy/warm & homely. Kudos!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed it so much and will share your feedback with Laura on Reception. We have 2 Laura's that work on Reception so although its difficult to tell which one you met, I am confident it could have been either one of them as they are both valued members of our team.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Fraser Peterkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The whole team at the mercure have made my month long business trip a little more bearable. Nothing has been too much trouble from the team. It has been a real pleasure staying here and thanks to both Lauras, suzan, Kamil, Maria, Grant & Victoria I will come back for in my own time to enjoy everything the hotel has to offer. The food was excellent at both breakfast and dinner.The hotel has a small but fully equipped gym with a pool with all the poolside extras you'd expect. The hotel is in the best location and is only a few minutes walk from the train station and the main shopping centre. There are plenty of nice places to eat around the hotel. It can be a little loud out in the streets at the weekend but you'll get this in all the local hotels too. I'd recommend spending a little extra and upgrading to a privilege room they include a little more space with a coffee machine and a few extra things such as gowns and slippers. The staff are what make this hotel so special and I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2014
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us at Mercure Inverness. I am really pleased that you found our team to be so helpful, they work very hard and we are very proud of them so its nice when other people notice that as well.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future and once again, many thanks for your feedback.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Irene and I arrived unannounced around 9pm on a Wednesday night to a smiling polite and very efficient receptionist (Laura) who gave us a price for the one night including breakfast which we gladly accepted. Checked in quickly and arrived into a large well appointed room. Bed was huge comfortable and spotlessly clean, shower and bath facilities were superb. Breakfast was awesome with huge choice of foods all well prepared well set out with staff on hand to help with any requests. Check out like the check in was flawless, we left feeling refreshed and delighted we chose this hotel over others.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Inverness and hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the hotel because I was working in the area. It is very conveniently located in the city centre.

On arrival the car park us to the rear and parking is free for residents so ignore the parking meters.

The decor and general appearance in public areas is of a very high quality hotel.

I stayed on the 3rd floor and was lucky enough to have a room overlooking the river with some fabulous views. The room was bigger than expected and decorated to a high standard. The bathroom was not of the same standard and without sounding too fussy would benefit from a thorough clean.

Breakfast was good with a wide variety of foods on display including haggis. No decent Scottish hotel should be without haggis at breakfast.

I used the sports facilities which are situated on the lower ground floor. The pool was great and it was a nice way to start the day by being able to go for a swim.

The staff are all pleasant and helpful and there are a decent selection if eating places within a short stones throw of the hotel.

Would a stay again? Yes definitely

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your constructive and positive feedback. Please be assured that this will be used as we continually try to improve our service.
victoria b.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Tiny door, big room.

As my travels draw me further north I've looked for more standard hotels with out feeling too much of a corporate feeling.
Sue was wonderful at check in...my double bed, big soaker tub and soft lush pillows made for great sleeps for a few nights.
My room looked over the river ness, I could see the cathedral and several of the bridges that span the ness. It's a quick flowing river and with the high winds visiting the same time as I, it made for some wonderful pictures.
Breakfast had a bountiful buffet of all English and highland classics. Well presented..I only had dinner once, but I can attest to the burgers, thick cut chips and sticky toffee pudding.
Both barmen were quick, professional and a wealth of informational knowledge. I'd stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that our team were able to be of assistance to you and they will be pleased that you have mentioned them.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Fraser Peterkin

Been to Mercure Inverness Hotel? Share your experiences!