“Overnight In Inverness” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Overnight In Inverness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the hotel because I was working in the area. It is very conveniently located in the city centre.

On arrival the car park us to the rear and parking is free for residents so ignore the parking meters.

The decor and general appearance in public areas is of a very high quality hotel.

I stayed on the 3rd floor and was lucky enough to have a room overlooking the river with some fabulous views. The room was bigger than expected and decorated to a high standard. The bathroom was not of the same standard and without sounding too fussy would benefit from a thorough clean.

Breakfast was good with a wide variety of foods on display including haggis. No decent Scottish hotel should be without haggis at breakfast.

I used the sports facilities which are situated on the lower ground floor. The pool was great and it was a nice way to start the day by being able to go for a swim.

The staff are all pleasant and helpful and there are a decent selection if eating places within a short stones throw of the hotel.

Would a stay again? Yes definitely

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your constructive and positive feedback. Please be assured that this will be used as we continually try to improve our service.
Fraser Peterkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Greek first
victoria b.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Tiny door, big room.

As my travels draw me further north I've looked for more standard hotels with out feeling too much of a corporate feeling.
Sue was wonderful at check in...my double bed, big soaker tub and soft lush pillows made for great sleeps for a few nights.
My room looked over the river ness, I could see the cathedral and several of the bridges that span the ness. It's a quick flowing river and with the high winds visiting the same time as I, it made for some wonderful pictures.
Breakfast had a bountiful buffet of all English and highland classics. Well presented..I only had dinner once, but I can attest to the burgers, thick cut chips and sticky toffee pudding.
Both barmen were quick, professional and a wealth of informational knowledge. I'd stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that our team were able to be of assistance to you and they will be pleased that you have mentioned them.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Rooms very comfortable, free wifi in all areas of hotel, excellent breakfast and location, pool, sauna and gym. Add to that the friendly and helpful staff and this hotel provides value for money that is hard to beat. It is right in the centre of the town just 2 mins walk from railway station and the lively night life.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your views with other travelers. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed Friday and Saturday night 2 couples in town for a show at Eden Court .

The hotel was large and spacious no problem getting a drink or food .

The bed was magnificent slept great both nights except the seagull noise at 7 in the morning but thats not the hotels fault great view over the River Ness as requested .Shower great and room clean and warm .

Laura on reception very helpful and friendly Conner and George good lads .

The Eden was a short walk 10 mins or so across the river a nice stroll .

The location was perfect right next to shops bars and Restaraunts .

If going to Inverness would have no hesitation staying again or recommending this hotel

Breakfast was Beautiful with stacks of choice loved the Haggis and the Coffee was of a good standard .

Never made it to the pool as planned so cant comment .

Carpet could be doing with getting replaced throughout but other than that no complaints .

Room Tip: Request River view ,
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your great feedback after your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you found our team to be helpful, they work very hard to try and ensure that every guest has a great stay and it means a lot when someone mentions them by name.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Generally a positive stay at the hotel. Location is excellent particularly for public transport. The room was huge, twice the size of some places I've been, clean reasonably well laid out and specified. The bed would have been a touch short for a tall person and quite high. A few frays beginning to show on some of the furniture but nothing of concern. The hallways are a bit tired.
All staff were pleasant and helpful, and the buffet style cooked breakfast was excellent.
Fitness suite was in a bad state with building works, old equipment and spa and steam were not working.
Only down side. Given the road works at the moment the car park is a long detour and very busy. I was there on a Friday night and the street noise was loud into the early hours.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back, the outside noise at weekends can be loud, and the views are better o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I appreciate your honest and constructive feedback and we will use this as we continually try to improve our service.
I am sorry the roadworks outside caused confusion for you, this is due to flood alleviation work taking place and unfortunately out of our control.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kelty, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The location in the centre of Inverness was ideal as we both can use our bus passes now so I didn't have to drive up from the south.The room & the view couldn't have been better. The staff were very friendly & helpfull.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to review your recent visit. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and of course our delightful view, it is indeed stunning.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Fraser Peterkin

Been to Mercure Inverness Hotel? Share your experiences!