Reception was not organized, could not find our reservation which we booked months in advance. When asked to speak with a manager and/or supervisor there was no one available on site. The £170 per night rate for luxury accommodation was no where near what they post on their website. The tv was small with only a few fuzzy channels.The room smelled stale and dusty. Hairs in shower and the towels smelled of fish. After a call to have a replacement none were delivered. I myself am an international traveller. Language difficulities however is not a good excuse to have restaurant staff constantly getting food orders wrong. Waiting to be served a drink on a patio for about 1/2 an hour I moved into the empty piano bar. There was no bartender and had to ask reception several times for some one to take an order. When I was served a drink the man left immediately not to return until I had to approach the front desk again. When we entered the Abstract restaurant the staff were unwelcoming and encouraged us to eat in the other one across the car park. This hotel may be fine for the business traveller , but for a family or weekend getaway it lacks the facilities and obvisously the staff required to run an efficient hotel. When I checked out no asked if I enjoyed my stay and when I asked again to speak with the manager at 10 am there was still no one on duty. I was extremely dissappointed with this overall experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland’s abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station.Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional choice of restaurants. For a memorable culinary experience, visit the acclaimed Abstract - the only 3 AA Rosette hotel restaurant in Inverness – or try the chic and stylish informality of the Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel’s destination Piano Bar offers Scotland’s finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds.The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland