We stayed here on Sunday evening. The only room left was room number 5 a double superior room costing £155 pn.
The room was very small certainly not a superior size in my eyes. Bathroom was a good size though.
The room was right above reception so we heard everything the front door was banging constantly until 2.40 am with a lot of noise of people shouting and running up and downstairs.
We could also hear the floorboards creeking of the rooms above/beside us.
We had to ask for towels as there was only one bath towel in our room.
Breakfast was a total disaster. We sat at the table for 10 minutes before a waitress came and acknowledged we were even there. Other guests were also complaining about the wait. We ordered our breakfast which arrived 35 Mins later. We had to ask for butter and some kind of fresh juice as all the jugs were empty. One other guest asked for fresh fruit and the waitress replied it over in the other building at the wedding breakfast. Not a great reply. The staff were very young and didnt seem interest their guests. On the plus side the hotel was spotlessly clean and our room did have a lovely view over the ness, but we wont be recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland’s abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station.Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional choice of restaurants. For a memorable culinary experience, visit the acclaimed Abstract - the only 3 AA Rosette hotel restaurant in Inverness – or try the chic and stylish informality of the Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel’s destination Piano Bar offers Scotland’s finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds.The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland