I used to stay in another major chain hotel which has a Restaurant attached to it but the started to use HIEX which was in my opinion better quality and offered the Priority Club loyalty scheme which awards points for stays and buying food etc.
I have stayed here many times and have always been happy with my stays (apart from two visits when fire alarm went off at 2.00am). As a priority club platinum member I was slightly dissappointed that there appears to be no Priority Club recognition at all - all other hotels I have visited have a Priority Club Check-In area where you just have to sign the sheet and thats you checked in. Most of the also give you a welcoming letter and some form of gift ie a discount voucher off a drink at bar or gft pack with biscuits and various tea, hot chocolate etc. The breakfast is adequate although I must agree with a previous reviewer regarding the poor quality of the sausages and scrambed egg - I note that the General manager stated it was the same as used in all the HIEX, if it is then it must be the way they are cooked as they sure don't taste the same. The HIEX in Antrim is without exception the best breakfast I have had in any of the Holiday Inn or HIEX.
The staff are pleasant enough and the hotel is clean albeit it is starting to look tired.
I will stay again as it is conveniently located and reasonably priced but could improve on the Priority Club side of things.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Holiday Inn Inverness
- Inverness Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome at the comfortable Holiday Inn Express Inverness hotel, 6 miles from Inverness Airport and 1 mile from Inverness city centre. Green surroundings make the modern Holiday Inn Express Inverness a pleasant base for your trip. Relax with homely touches such as free wireless Internet. We're 1 mile from Inverness city centre and close to the A96, with ample complimentary parking. It's a short taxi or bus ride from Inverness Airport to the hotel and you can reach Stirling and Perth via the nearby A9. Invite up to 30 people to seminars in Holiday Inn Express Inverness' meeting room, which overlooks the countryside. Delegates can relax in the breakout space and enjoy a business lunch prepared by our friendly staff. Visit companies in the Inverness Business and Retail Park next door. Enjoy your own snacks in our sociable Great Room and choose from the daily complimentary breakfast buffet which features a continental selection and hot items. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.