We try to avoid staying in Inverness as its hotel prices have gone through the roof since it got its "city status" and chain motels/hotels such as HI Express and Travel Inn prices are nudging towards £100 per night !!! Instead we try to arrange our journey to be able to overnight at Perth which is much less pretentious but on this occasion we had to book Inverness and fortunately, perhaps because it was in a slow period before Christmas, we got a price on line of just short of £60.
Given that HIE now throw in a "hot" buffet breakfast we took the offer and weren't disappointed in the hotel for that price. It was up to this chain's standards - ie you know what to expect - ie you can navigate to the loo in the dark without stubbing your toe on the bed etc etc. Nice touch here was the "soft pillow" offer which, after a long drive was most welcome.
The only real downside to this stay was the adjacent restaurant "The Snowgoose" which used to be pretty good for a pub supper but their standards have dropped and the food was neither hot nor particularly good quality. Maybe their microwaves were playing up as we weren't the only diners complaining about the food.
The bar wasn't a particularly pleasant experience either - not because of the drinks, but because of the surly bar staff. I was left to wait while two scottish customers who came in after us were served. Ok, perhaps I should have spoken up but should I have to ?
HI Express should "have a word" with the people who run the restaurant as it reflects badly on them as much as the restaurant given that it is located on the same property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome at the comfortable Holiday Inn Express Inverness hotel, 6 miles from Inverness Airport and 1 mile from Inverness city centre. Green surroundings make the modern Holiday Inn Express Inverness a pleasant base for your trip. Relax with homely touches such as free wireless Internet. We're 1 mile from Inverness city centre and close to the A96, with ample complimentary parking. It's a short taxi or bus ride from Inverness Airport to the hotel and you can reach Stirling and Perth via the nearby A9. Invite up to 30 people to seminars in Holiday Inn Express Inverness' meeting room, which overlooks the countryside. Delegates can relax in the breakout space and enjoy a business lunch prepared by our friendly staff. Visit companies in the Inverness Business and Retail Park next door. Enjoy your own snacks in our sociable Great Room and choose from the daily complimentary breakfast buffet which features a continental selection and hot items. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Holiday Inn Inverness
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Scotland