“Great quiet city location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast
You added Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
48 Harrowden Road, Inverness IV3 5QN , Scotland   |
Special Offer
Free Wifi & Parking
Ranked #6 of 220 Inverness B&B and Inns
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“Great quiet city location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A lovely homely B&B very close to the centre of Inverness with off street parking, well appointed rooms (even the single room I was in), delicious breakfast and friendly owners.
I will definitely stay here when I have to come back to Inverness and stay over night and wold recommend this B&B to any of my own guests should they need a room there too.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kirkwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me and my friend stayed a couple of nights at the Oak Villa Guest House at the end of November to do our Christmas shopping. The owners were very friendly and helpful, and the location ideal for our needs. The twin room was spacious, and together with the en-suite, was immaculate. The variety offered for breakfast was outstanding - catering for everyone's needs. I would highly recommend Oak Villa to anyone looking for accommodation in Inverness.
Lesley-Ann
Orkney

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Margo greeted us with a warm welcome and the remainder of our visit was just as satisfying. The room and bathroom were well equipped and squeaky clean. A full Scottish breakfast - including the blood pudding - was excellent. Location is city centre so within easy reach of restaurants and attractions.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

The excellent rank of Oakvilla B&B can't be wrong, so if you are planning a trip to Inverness and need a place to stay in, choose Oakvilla. Very, very friendly service, cozy rooms and hearty Scottish breakfast - you can't go wrong with this. I felt so lucky we managed to book a room. Thanks for having us!

Room Tip: Pretty much anything is good here!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Margo R, Owner at Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I am so happy to read your kind comments about your comfortable stay and our breakfast selection too! It was lovely to meet you, and I really look forward to welcoming you back one day.
Kindest regards & best wishes, Margo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014 via mobile

My son and I had the good fortune to spend three nights at Oakvilla Bed and Breakfast in Inverness. Our room was large and had two single beds plus room for luggage, a sitting area and a brand new en suite bathroom. Everything was impeccably clean and the breakfast was outstanding.

There are lots of places to stay in Inverness but none would have been better for us than Oakvilla.

• Stayed October 2014
Hi Bill , You are very kind to have taken the time to write such a great review, we are so pleased to hear that yourself and Mitchell enjoyed your stay at Oakvilla, it was a pleasure to meet you both,
Best wishes and again such a big thank you for staying with us.
Margo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

My first overnight stop on my way around the Highlands - and it was a beauty! I arrived quite wet, having suffered persistent, heavy rain up the A9 from Pitlochry until just 10 miles out of Inverness and I was cold!! I found the B&B dead-easy, which was a blessing and was greeted by Margo and Alistair very warmly, quickly taking my wet riding gear to dry, helping me garage the bike and settling me into a very cosy, en-suite single room that had everything that I could possibly think of including an excellent wifi signal. The quality of everything was spot on, down to the very nice biscuit I had with the much needed cup of tea (they were lovely, btw). Ali is a plumber and its obvious in the high quality fittings used and the finish, he's a good one!

Access in and out was simple and straightforward, and the walk into town over the footbridge took just 10 minutes (actually it was about 7, but the stagger back was slightly longer, so we'll split the difference). Breakfast was a joy, with quality ingredients that would please Jamie Oliver, used - very tasty and plenty of it, Yummy!

Now at this point, I haven't said much about my hosts, that's because they deserve the highest praise - what lovely people and Bike friendly to boot! They are both ex-bikers and have that worldly look about them that says 'Yep, seen that, done that, know where you're coming from - etc.' They were interested in me and helpful without being intrusive and told me abouthttp://www.bike-stay.net/uk/stay_scotland.html which helps bikers find places more in-tune with 2 wheel Petrol-heads, if I could've added an extra point to the total, I would have done so in the blink of an eye!

Do I recommend this B&B - Oh yes! .. I'll be back soon guys! :-)

Room Tip: Make a booking or risk it being full - all rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us, we are delighted that you had a comfortable stay and so happy to read your kind comments about our cooked Scottish breakfasts.
Yes, you were drenched when you arrived at Oakvilla,and we were only too happy to dry your motorbike clothing, as ex bikers ourselves we knew how you would have felt uncomfortable on your onward journey in the morning if this had not been done.
We are so glad to know that guests enjoy their stay with us and that they will go away knowing that next time they visit Inverness, we will see you again.
Kindest regards, and best wishes, Margo & Alistair
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

Very comfortable and spacious room with lots of little extras you often need on a trip. Bathroom was modern and clean. Margo gave us a warm welcome and answered all the questions we had and gave suggestions as well. The breakfast was great and ample. In spite of our room being on the road frontage noise was not a problem. Strongly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Colin, It was wonderful to meet you both when you stayed here recently, I so enjoyed talking to you and am absolutely delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us.
I really hope that you will return one day, and if so hope to welcome you back!
All the best , Margo

Been to Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!