“One of my 'Top 3!'” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“One of my 'Top 3!'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Margot was absolutely lovely, spoiled me rotten, and couldn't have been more helpful. I have stayed in 11 B&Bs all booked by the same tour company and all were very good, but there were three that clear stood out and Oakvilla was one of them...but is difficult to split the final three.

Oakvilla was a lovely 10 minute walk from downtown Inverness just across the river. The room I had was for a single...it was immaculately clean and in excellent condition. It wasn't noisy and was on the ground floor. I slept very well, so the bed must have been good...I can be a fussy sleeper. Wifi was excellent and the breakfast was certainly filling.

It is hard to speak badly of any of the places I stayed, but what makes the better ones stand out is the people that run them. Some just went through the motions of introduction and instructions, and some make you feel special. Margot just makes you feel like part of her family, most welcome, and that sort of approach just makes my feel like an actual guest, rather than a customer. And that's what helped me enjoy my time at Oakvilla, and it was like saying goodbye to a dear friend when I left the next morning.. Thankyou Margot...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Margo R, Owner at Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Ken,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review of Oakvilla Guest House and of its short walk to the City centre. We are so thrilled to read it is one of your best 3 you have stayed in in your recent tour. Wonderful feedback like yours is a great motivation for us, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to our guests. I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back for another great stay.
With kindest regards,
Margo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ludwigsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed in Oakvilla, Inverness for one night. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and aesthetic, the bathroms modern and roomy; Breakfast was superior and Margo a very warm and friendly hostess. When you stay in Inverness, Oakvilla is a top B&B-accomodation. Jürgen from Ludwigshafen, Germany

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hans-Jurgen R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give Oakvilla such a great review. I am pleased you enjoyed your spacious modern room, such wonderful comments are a great motivation for us.
With kindest regards,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very modern comfortable clean room. Excellent breakfast. Very friendly and helpful. We have stayed here numerous times now and have felt very welcome each time. We would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TM,
Thank you very much for the lovely recommendation of Oakvilla on tripadvisor. We hope to see you again soon.
Remscheid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed one night in the Oak Villa B&B. The rooms very very nice and clean, the bathroom modern and the breakfast had all we expected starting with cereals, fresh fruit and even fully cooked English breakfast. We can only recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Juergen,
Many thanks for such a lovely review of Oakvilla. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Excellent B&B accommodation. On arrival the owner made us feel welcome , the room was very comfortable, clean and maintained to a high standard. I have coeliac disease, and the owner who also has coeliac made sure that I had a gluten free breakfast including sausage egg, beans tomatoes, and bacon, also gluten free cereal and toast was available, breakfast was made separate, to avoid contamination. Also in our room tea and biscuits were included, plus gluten free biscuits which was lovely.Would highly recommend this accommodation especially for coeliac's.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shirley,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Oakvilla, I am so glad you both enjoyed your well deserved break and been able to make sure you were given a gluten free breakfast with no worries. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
With kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice place. I was with my husband and my daughter and we are happy there. The owner is very friendly. Precioso lugar. There are free park. Estuve con mi marido y mi hija muy agusto. La dueña es bastante agradable. Hay aparcamiento gratis en la calle

• Stayed July 2013
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Oakvilla bed and breakfast for one night at the end of a week's holiday in Caithness and Sutherland.
The whole experience was very positive , lovely breakfast , spacious modern bedroom with really comfortable bed and a large ensuite. Like the previous reviewer, I was impressed by the little extras in the ensuite, cotton buds, pads, clothes brush plasters etc.We often stay in Bed and Breakfast accomodation in Scotland and to find these extras is very rare. The location was also perfect and we enjoyed a lovely walk to our chosen restaurant beside the river on a warm summer's evening.
Margo was an excellent host ,very friendly and very eager to make our stay a positive one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Margo R, Owner at Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Lesley C,
Thank you for such a fantastic review, I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our spacious room with comfortable bed. It makes everything we do worthwhile when we receive such lovely feedback as yours.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
With kind regards,
Margo

Been to Oakvilla Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!