“Excellent Tour - fantastic company to work with” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 33 activities in Inverness
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Explore the Scottish Highlands your way with WOW Scotland! We specialise in providing customised private tours, as well as group day tours to Skye and shore excursions from the Port of Invergordon. So, whether you would like to explore the hidden gems of the Highlands, see all of the top sights on Skye, indulge in a whisky tasting extravaganza or simply experience our stunning landscapes, culture and historic sights, we can offer a tour to suit you. Our local guides will share their passion, enthusiasm and knowledge with you to ensure that your WOW Scotland experience is truly magical, and that your vacation dreams are turned into reality. We look forward to welcoming you to the Highlands!
“Excellent Tour - fantastic company to work with”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I can't say enough positive things about WOW Scotland and our tour guide Zane!!

We booked a one day tour with Zane for a van of 8 people for the day our cruise ship was docked in Invergordon based on the positive reviews on Trip Advisor (well-deserved!). We had booked several months ahead of time, and always received timely responses to any emails or inquiries we had. We were able to pay by Paypal which was very convenient and we were all looking forward to the trip.

Unfortunately - it wasn't "smooth sailing" - as the day we boarded the ship we learned our itinerary was being changed and we would no longer be in Invergordon on the original day planned. I wasn't worried about losing any money, since they offer refunds if your cruise ship doesn't dock for whatever reason - but we were really hoping they would be able to reschedule us for the new day!

And this is where WOW really impressed me. I emailed them as soon as I found out about the itin change on the Friday and asked if it was possible to change the date. I received a reply that they were working on rescheduling all the tours and would get back to me on Monday if our tour could be switched, which was fair in my mind. Later that night I also got a phone call from Guest Services on the ship on behalf of WOW wanting to make sure I got the message that they were working on rescheduling and would let me know Monday if it was a go.

On Monday - we received the fantastic news that our tour was rescheduled - both by email and Guest Services. I appreciated the extra efforts to contact me and was glad they could accommodate our group!

Now onto the tour itself ... Zane was our tour guide and was funny, extremely knowlegeable, personable, and gave us a lot of history about the area in an interesting way - while also making efforts to spend more time in the areas that interested us, like finding us a great "Nessie" gift shop!

She was there early and was waiting for us as we got off the ship and we quickly went off to beat the Carnival Tour buses that were sure to follow. We visited a small village Beauly ... Urqhardt castle, beautiful Loch Ness, Clava Cairns, Culloden Battlefield, had lunch, and Cawdor castle in the 8hrs we spent with her. We saw some of the beautiful Scottish countryside and learned a lot of about the country and its history.

All in all it was a fantastic day and I would highly recommend WOW Scotland for anyone looking for a tour of the area.

HAMPTON
4 attraction reviews
“Fabulous Private Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

WOW Scotland is a top-notch tour company ready to meet any challenge. Our cruise ship changed schedule due to very bad weather and was docking in Invergordon on a different day than we scheduled. Gordon answered calls and emails promptly even though he must have been inundated with many calls, etc. He was able to change our tour day and we had a great day with his Dad as our guide. It was an 8 hour tour for 6 of us and we were able to customize what we wanted to see based on suggestions from Gordon and Dave. The car was very comfortable and the price excellent. Doing a private tour with WOW Scotland was less expensive than an excursion with Carnival and we got to see more and for a longer time. Gordon offers a full refund if your ship can't dock so there's no reason not to book with him! Scotland was so much more beautiful than I thought and Dave's knowledge of history and current events was wonderful. Because of this tour, we hope to go back to Scotland to spend more time. b Thanks, Gordon for a great time!!

Riverview, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Highland Tour with Wow Scotland is a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Gordon Pearson lead our bus tour off from Carnival Legend. They were able to reschedule the entire tour due to a change in itinerary of our ship and went above and beyond in working out all the details and staying in contact with us. We did the Highlands tour which included Culloden Battlefield, Clava Cairns, Cawdor Castle, Loch Ness and Inverness. Gordon was so knowledgeable about the history and shared stories of the past to bring the sites we saw come alive. As a whim Gordon made mention of a charity, Archie Foundation, for which he was going to attend an event and offered to swim in the cold waters of Loch Ness if he collected 25 pounds from the tour group to go to this worthy charity. Needless to say he collected 45 pounds from our group and stripped down to his boxers and jumped into the 39 degree water and went for a swim. He said it was a first for him and that maybe he would do that more often.

I can't say enough about this wonderful tour company! We hope to return to Scotland in the future and we most certainly will be booking some new adventures with Gordon and Wow Scotland to see more of his beautiful homeland!

Visited September 2013
“Completely satisfying yet left wanting more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

From the moment Gordon picked us up in full Scottish dress to "breaking in" to see the tree Diana Gabeldon to swimming in Loch Ness to meeting his grandma the entire tour was Amazing! He made us feel like long time friends and we would definitely come back to tour with him again. Thank you Gordon. Amanda (the Australian) and Alicia (aka Amanda, Amelia, and American)

Inverness, Florida
“A wonderful way to learn about the highlands!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I booked a tour of the Inverness area with Zane as our guide. We left it open for her to pick the sites. We saw sites like Cawdor Castle, Culloden, and Loch Ness, but we also drove around the countryside just to see the non touristy areas. Talking with Zane was both educational, and great fun. It was like driving with a friend. If we had not already reserved a rental car, I would have enjoyed one of their more extended tours.