“Most Rewarding Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 48 Activities in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Experts and authors in Scottish history and heritage take you on exploratory excursions, building in distilleries, boats, ferries and attractions. 6 passenger vehicles (8 by arrangement). Our ethos is an exclusive and personal approach to providing scenic and historic tours. Tours visit Skye, the far north, Loch Ness (speciality), Applecross (amazing), Speyside (hic!), City to City, Great Glen, precious Glen Affric, Glen Coe, Mull and Clan Tours (speciality). Also Diana Gabaldon Outlander Tours (speciality).
Ladner, Canada
“Most Rewarding Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Extremely informative and educational. Hugh Allison's knowledge of the Clava Cairns and Culloden was very engaging. The door to door service was very convenient and appreciated. Highly recommend taking a tour. Next time we visit Inverness we plan to sign on for another!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had an amazing time with our tour guide, George Munro, on our one day distillery tour!

We saw a number of distilleries while driving around Scotland and went on two specific tours at Benromach and Glenfiddich for a few wee drams. George emailed us quickly and professionally to set up the tour as we wanted it. He showed us a number of beautiful sites, gave us a full history lesson, and even took pictures for us! He also gave us a bit of a bonus by driving us to the Culloden Battlefield Memorial and the Clava Cairns.

Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Thank you Inverness Tours, and thank you George!

Visited April 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
“The best day ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I booked our tour around 3-4 months in advance and Hugh Allison made registering easy. He communicated quickly via email and answered all of my questions, even regarding getting to Inverness. He tailored our one day tour around the Outlander series as promised, but also added in two other sites that he thought we would like and we did! (He also picked us up at our Castle and dropped us off at the train station for our convenience.) I have read the series and definitely approve of all the landmarks Hugh and Diana have come up with that relate to the book. My husband, having not read the book, still had a wonderful time and enjoyed hearing about all the history. This tour is worth every penny and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it! We also went to Castle Leod to visit the Earl....also HIGHLY RECOMMEND. He is a very interesting gentleman and the Castle is just beautiful! Additionally, I had just found out that some of my family was from Scotland to which he promptly looked them up and discovered my ancestors fought at Culloden and showed me the stone marking....that is something I would have never found out on my own. This was a very special day to me and I would love to go back and spend more time with Hugh!

Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
“Thanks George!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had always wanted to see the Highlands of Scotland because I love nature. This tour did not disappoint. I think George must have been a lucky charm because he was able to get us up close with my beloved Highland Cows and we surprisingly saw at least 10 wild stags. If you are not planning on getting a car or are to nervous to drive in another country, there is no better way to see the highlands. George provided a perfect mix of well informed history and ample time to take in the sights. He really focused the tour towards what we wanted to see. For me - the cows: http://instagram.com/p/k5XduOQZSo/

Centerville, Massachusetts
“Extraordinary tour experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The best of the best. Three magnificent days with Inverness Day Tours to the Highlands. There is no better way to learn the history, hear the stories, and see the beauty of Scotland than with Hugh Allison. Excellent planning, brilliant driving, and wonderful people. Scotland really is a place filled with warm, caring people and great food.