“the staff were friendly and the food was exelent and very tasty i recomend this place to anyone the best chine food ive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gathering Place - CLOSED

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

the staff were friendly and the food was exelent and very tasty i recomend this place to anyone the best chinese food iveever tasted i am going back to scotland for a wedding in april and will be going there with a few people before the stag do

Visited August 2011

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“the best chinese in inverness, beautiful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Abundance of restaurants and eateries in Inverness there are very few worth shouting about. I have been to The Gathering Place Chinese restaurant on more than one occasion and have found the service consistent and the food fantastic and great value. The staff are very helpful without being over attentive, currently the best chinese restaurant in inverness.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Inveraray, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Visited this restaurant for a carry out. As soon as i entered a man gave me a most abrupt and unwelcoming glare and when i said i was here to order a carry out, he changed his manner and said that he thought i was there for another reason as i was wearing an ID badge! I had come straight from work and forgotten to take it off. After giving my order to the girl behind the counter, who told me the price before i had completed my order, asked me what kind of noodles i wanted in my singapore noodles! The usual ones of course i thought! A helpful lady sitting at a table explained the different types of noodles though the menu doesnt indicate different types for this dish and a debate ensued between her and the girl behind the counter. I'm hungry. I eventually ordered singapore noodles, thin ones!, lemon chicken, boiled rice and a portion of curry sauce. Paid and went home. Oh no! No rice! I call the restaurant and explain i didnt receive rice. Fried or boiled i was asked. Boiled i said to be told i didnt order fried rice. I know, i ordered boiled! Ok, sorry can you come and collect it. No, ive just got home. Its 5 miles away so they offered to deliver. We just ended the call when the phone rang. You didnt order rice and you didnt pay for rice....the saga went on. I gave up. Went to the chippy instead. The singapore noodles contained no chicken as described, the meat was cooked goodness knows how many times and there was spam or ham in it to an excessive extent. It was greasy and very disappointing and why would anyone want pineapple in a lemon chicken dish. Not impressed by food or service and not surprised that the restaurant was empty except for the couple in the corner who seemed to be relatives of the man concerned about people with id badges. Makes you wonder! I wont be back. To many other good places to go to.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible terrible terrible !!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Haveing just been out for a meal at this " restaurant " I don't know how it managed to get a good word said about it ! The welcome ' the service ' and most inportantly the 'food' all terrible in fact it was around 1970 I last ate in a place as bad as this !!! I thought we had moved on ! think off a supermarket ready made chineese meal not that great most off them but at least edible well this place is a hundred times worse that that !!! Take my advice if your not from Inverness and looking for a nice chineese meal stay away from here UVE BEEN WARNED !!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Inverness, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT FIRST CLASS FOOD AND SERVICE A ++++++++++++++++++++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

both me and my partner went to try this restaurant for the first time today, and I i must say i was blown away, the service was spot on and the food was excellent.
In my job I have to arrange lunch time meals for small business meetings, This place will be the first i ring from now on.
Its so nice to eat chinese meals that have flavour, and cooked to perfection, now that it hard to find this day and age.
But don't just take my word for it try it for yourself

• Visited January 2012