“Excellent B&B, lovely folks” 5 of 5 stars

The Quaich Bed and Breakfast
36 Greig Street, Inverness IV3 5PX, Scotland   |
Ranked #37 of 220 Inverness B&B and Inns
Oxford
“Excellent B&B, lovely folks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here after a wet day in the Cairngorms and really enjoyed it. The owners are both lovely people, the rooms were comfortable and clean, the breakfast was big and delicious, and every aspect of our stay was easy. I would highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting Inverness or just passing through!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Host is very friendly and helpful. Could not fault the room. Breakfast was good too. Love the pancakes! Was with my partner so this place was ideal as it was quite! Located just before the walk bridge to the heart of the city centre. If I were to come back to Inverness I would stay here. Value for money too. High speed free wifi is also a added bonus!

• Stayed September 2012
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We reserved here after we searched a lot, and this b&b had the best price!
When we arrived Arafeh showed us the room (very clean) with en-suite, suggested us some restaurant and pub to hang out in the evening and explained us how to reach Loch Ness (very close). He was really very helpful, and very polite!
In the morning there was no cooked breakfast but it was not a big deal since we had some gorgeous pancakes and very good croissant + muffin + coffee + fresh fruit and everything else! Really a good breakfast (I loved muffins). During the breakfast Arafeh spent some time with us, telling us some funny story about the city: he's a really welcoming guy!
I can't say good enough about him!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the Quaich during a ten day hill walking extravaganza so I really was only there to sleep and eat breakfast. The continental breakfast was wonderful after the horrendous greasy fry-ups I'd faced at the previous B&B I was booked into. Lots of fruit and cereal plus pancakes and a boiled egg with tea, coffee, juice etc.

The decor of the hotel was modern, fresh and welcoming as was Arafeh himself though he did ask me to pay for my stay the day before I was due to check out (Is this a new B&B thing? The previous B&B owner asked me to do so as well - maybe I just look dodgy - I declined and paid the day of check out).

Free wifi was excellent (ask Arafeh for the password) as was the flatscreen TV.

The rooms aren't greatly soundproofed so if there is a full house and a lot of coming and going to the communal bathroom, you can find your sleep a little more disrupted than you might like but for the price and the location, this was a great B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I want to be fair about this B&B but I have to state I was a little disapointed.

Pros - clean as a whistle, room and bathroom is spotless, bedding smelt very fresh The TV is a good size and really good reception. Location is excellent as near centre but really quiet part of town.

Cons - room was freezing for most of the part - unable to control heat in room. Owner was unable to offer breakfast at the time I was leaving as it was deemed 'to early (6.45 am)'

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

Loved my stay here at the end of a Highlands driving tour. The best B&B I stayed at during the whole trip. One suggestion I would make is to offer a Scottish breakfast option to those who would prefer one

• Stayed March 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stopped for one night but I can say this was the friendliest B&B experience I have ever had.
Arafeh (I hope that's his forename) couldn't have been friendlier from my original booking conversation to on the morning of departure he brought me extra coffee as I watched the Rugby World Cup final in his guest lounge!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Quaich Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!