Can't comment on the hotel rooms as we were only in Penta for drinks on Saturday night. A group of 7 of us had reserved a table for 9.30pm, arrived a few minutes early to stand at the bar and be completely ignored by the staff. Yes it was reasonably busy but a simple acknowledgement would have sufficed. We eventually managed to flag down a barman to ask where our table was, to be told "it's by the pool table". Not that big a bar so found the table ok but having never been before it would have been nice to have been shown to the table.
Anyway sit down and ask for cocktail menus from the bar, after huffing and puffing by staff we are given 1 menu between 7 of us because "all the other big groups have them". So we decide on a Champagne cocktail, not cheap but happy to pay for a nice drink and good service! Proceed to wait 15 minutes at the bar, told no champagne flutes for the cocktails, would have to have wine glasses! Surely for £8 a drink you would make sure you have glasses available! Poor presentation again not 4-star they claim to be.
So about 30 minutes after arriving, we finally have our drinks, a £95 order, only for a member of staff to come and ask are we sure we are they people who booked the table because its getting quite busy!! Well if you had bothered asking when we arrived you would know that we were!
Such a shame as the place looked really nice, lay out is great and a great vibe, sadly poor staff let it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From our beautifully central location on Academy Street, pentahotel Inverness is your perfect base for a perfect stay in the capital of the Scottish Highlands. Shops, attractions, historic sites and the knockout northern beauty of our landscape are all here, waiting for you. And of course there's no escaping the famous Nessie, our rarely spotted but very important local celebrity. You never know, he might be staying with us at the same time as you. Autograph opportunity... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your pentahotel Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Pentahotel Inverness Scotland