“Just like home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 220 Inverness B&B and Inns
London
“Just like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have a lovely & warm hosipitality by its owner, Pearl.
She is a lovely lady whom make you feel like second home of yours!
Due to my late check in on first night, Pearl is so considerade and offer to help with my meal ordering. With her help, I don't have to experience the hustle of arranging transport to the airport (as which I experienced on the day I landed at the airport).
After a good night sleep, of course I woke up later than usual. Her lovely & delicious breakfast made me feel so homey!!!
Highly recommend this guest house to whoever like to stay in Inverness!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

In my two last trips to Scotland, totalling 8 weeks in b&bs, university dorms, and the odd hotel, Pitfaranne Guest House was easily the best place I've stayed in, especially when price is taken into consideration.
Pearl, the hostess, was gracious, helpful, and very generous with her time and with little extras like the lovely variety of cookies and biscuits that found their way onto my tea-tray each day. She went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable, even arranging for one of her helpers to move my rental car for me when I was afraid that I couldn't manoever it into a spot I'd found. I felt much more like a long-lost family member than a guest at this b&b and my four days here came to an end much too soon.
My stylish room was small but very comfortable and immaculately clean. Breakfast was always just as I'd requested, and both in quantity and quality was above expectations. The location of Pitfaranne is great for anyone needing to visit the heart of Inverness, as it's in an interesting old residential area that rests on a hill adjacent to the downtown area.
I only hope I'm lucky enough to find a vacancy at Pitfaranne the next time I'm able to visit Inverness!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Great welcome, great beds, great breakfast, and a great welome from the gentleman working there in the mornings, and the price is one of the best in that area of Inverness,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Couldn't have asked for more. Great location close to town. Lovely decorated and clean room. Comy bed. Excellent customer service. Reasonable price. (We missed breakfast and the owner brought us breakfast in bed!!) The nicest B&B Ive stayed in. Would def go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Great location just a 7 min walk to the bus station and closer to the train. It was also close to high street for pubs, restaurants and the very pretty river walk. The owner was lovely and made a great breakfast (including fresh fruit salad--a very rare thing in Scotland!). Room was clean, comfy and quiet. I felt like it was good value for money, especially during the busy tourist season...I would reccomend Pitfaranne to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kirkwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Myself,my wife and six year old son had to stay in Inverness at short notice and were very glad we chose Pitfaranne Guest House. We stayed in the Family room, which has a cosy atmosphere, and though small was not cramped for us. Everywhere was spotless, beds firm and comfortable,(Bedshed orthopaedic Matress, we are going to get one the same now) and plenty of tea, coffee and milk available in the room. (No decaff coffee in room but could be requested). The landlady, Pearl, was telling us that she has just taken over the guesthouse and has upgraded the accommodation. She still plans further improvements but to be honest everything seems fine already. Breakfast was excellent, only complaint was the amount! I always try to eat everything put in front of me but the quantity almost had me beat! Breakfast room large and comfortable with lots of light from the conservatory.
The guesthouse is very close to the Castle, and only a couple of minutes walk from the town centre. It is also not far from, and on the right side of town for Raigmore Hospital.
It is on a quiet side street and its off street parking is secure behind large double gates.
All in all it did us well at a reasonable cost, and we will return next time we need to be in Inverness. I have already passed on details of Pitfarranne to a workmate as pets are welcome by arrangement and she wants to stay in Inverness but is inseperable from her dog.
It is a bit tricky to find the first time, but if you go up the hill past the Castle, through the lights and first available left, (Old Edinburgh Road), then first left ( Mitchells Lane), right, left and left again you are there. (Or there is always Sat Nav, but where is the fun in that)?

Peter

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

This B&B is owned by a lovely lady who acquired it recently, it has been refurbished to a high standard and is without doubt the best b&b we have stayed in! We stayed in the family room and i honestly couldn't fault it....everything we needed was provided. The room, en-suite shower room and bed linen were absolutely immaculate and I can't say enough about the comfy bed!!!! The owner Margaret is a very warm-hearted welcoming lady who was so accomodating and kind. I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone visiting inverness!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pitfaranne Guest House? Share your experiences!