“Great menu and food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 199 Restaurants in Inverness
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oakwood Restaurant is just 3 miles from Inverness on the Main A82 travelling towards Loch Ness, road side.Serving award winning Scottish food, Venison, Orkney Island Gold Beef, Hand dived scallops & Langoustine, along with chicken, lamb & a good vegetarian and vegan choices.
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Great menu and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have been here twice now. I would say that the food cannot be faulted and the range on the menu is really impressive. I am mainly a vegetarian but do sometimes eat wild meat or fish. This is definately a menu to impress my needs. My feelings are that the food is very homely and what I had for mains would be the kind of thing I like to cook myself. They were very tasty and the sweets were fantastic.
The atmosphere I have not quite figured out yet as it is a bit unusual but the option to bring your own is a great one and the setting fantastic.
Definately worth a visit if you are out that way.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Inverness, United Kingdom
“fantastic little haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having had a busy five weeks it was time for me to entertain two very good friends. I happened to come on this webiste and found this place. Although I pass it often I never once thought of visiting. How wrong was I. having visited the reviews I knew that there was banter waiting and we got just that from start to finish. Everything about this place was fantastic, nice, clean, friendly, NO CORKAGE, and a lovely wee reasonably priced shop for gifts to visit as well. Its a must and the food is to die for especially the Highland Park cheesecake YUM YUM. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Truly scottish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant is very scottish and romantic the food is brilliant and everything cooked fresh and from scratch. I loved how we got a seperate dish of veg on top of a candle lit rack. Orkney fudge cheesecake is highly reccommended definitly worth the visit breathtaking scenery on the way along aswell.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“No words can say enough about this Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a find that should be shared . While on our way back from the Isle of Skye with friends . We tried two restaurants beore this one but were full. So pleased they were. This is one of the best places to eat . All local meat & fish cooked to perfection, The Scallops I had were cooked just right , tricky fish to cook. My husband had Beef Rib Roast that melted in your mouth. It was like sitting in someones front room. If I lived in Scotland it would be the only place we would like to eat. Great couple

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, tasty Scottish Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

After a lovely day visiting the Isle of Skye with friends, we went to the Oakwood Restaurant, had the best food ever. The whisky & chocolate cheesecake is quite unique light and very tasty.

After speaking with Gus he explained that he sources all of his meat/fish locally. It is the best quality food that I have ever had/tasted. It is quite a small place so if possible book you table in advance. They are unlicensed but you can take your own bottle...no corkage fee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere