“Good dinner at nico's!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nico's Bistro and Bar

Nico's Bistro and Bar
8-15 Ness Bank | Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, Inverness, Scotland (Formerly Nico's Seafood and Grill House)
+44 1463 234308
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 186 restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Scottish, Grill, Fusion
Description: Set on the tree lined banks of the River Ness in the shadow of the Inverness Castle - Nico's is a moments walk from all the attractions in the city centre and sits directly opposite the Cathedral and Eden Court Theatre. We couldn't be better placed for an evening out in Inverness, a dinner before theatre or a leisurely drink by the river with friends. There is no better pre-show dining venue, but booking is advisable. Nico's is inspired by French home-style cooking, offering guests a relaxed and informal dining experience. We regularly run food promotions like our Early Bird Menu, Steak Friday, and our head chef, Chris Bond, revels in the bespoke menus for those special eating occasions.
London, United Kingdom
“Good dinner at nico's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and i went to nico's this tuesday to have a dinner. The food is very good and tasty, and all the dishes are at a good price!!!
The atmosphere is very relaxing and calm, we had the opportunity to watch the Jazz band which was fabulous, the ambiance was so nice and lovely.
it was just wonderful to had my dinner there, i definetely recommend people to go there!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent meal with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed your meal and it's my pleasure to share your positive feedback with the whole team.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

78% Recommend
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and i went to nicos recently for dinner and afraid both of us were disapointed with our meals there , whist the steaks we both ordered wer tasty enough the presentation of the dish was a poor effort with a few chips and a pathetic effort at a salad on the side,but credit due where credits due the chips were lovely !!. The desert my wife ordered was bread and butter pudding, that was a complete disaster it was more like a soup than a pudding.This was the second visit to Nicos , the first time was just over a year ago when we found the service to be shambolic, they seem to have sorted that out but certainly not the food quality and price.
Everyone deserves a second chance,and afraid to say this visit was that second chance and it was and will be our last visit to Nicos.!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are truly sorry to hear about your disappointment and would like to add that this is not representative of Nico's Seafood and Grill House .

We will take the time to review the comments made with the team and we will use your feedback as part of our on-going commitment to improve.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to give you a better experience.

With kind regards
The Manager
“Amazing Lunch at nico's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for 4 people and you had 2 beetroot and goat cheese tart, 1 bouillabaisse and 1 pork belly.
Tarts was filling and very tasty, that was going with a very nice quinoa salad. I throught the bouillabaisse was coming straight from south of France! It was absolutely amazing. My friend had the pork belly and he said it was the best meal he ever had in his life, it was sweet, crispy and powerful at the same time.

For desserts we had a baked Alaska, the meringue was fantastic, and the ice cream still cold inside!!
My friend add a nougat parfait, this dessert was not a sweet from a bistro restaurant but from a 1 star Michelin. And my girlfriend had a coconut panacotta. It was creamy and very very tasty.

I definitely recommend this place.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
I am delighted to read your kind comments on your recent visit to Nico's Seafood and Grill House and to read how highly you valued the service.

It will be a pleasure to share your feedback with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit here.

Kind regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“good seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Visited Nico's as we were told thats where we would get seafood in Inverness.So after a lovely walk along the river Ness headed there for lunch which was 2 courses £9.95pp.Had garllc mussels in white sauce for starters . was not very satisfied with the selection of main curse as there was hardly any fish on that, so had to order fish and chips.the other main course we ordered was pork steak with chips and veggies.That was just average.

But the mussels very fresh , large portion and very tasty, same goes for fish and chips, but I was expecting a larger selction of seafood dishes on the main course.Thats something they must improve
Overall good ambience and reasonable lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.
We work with a local fisherman who provide us with very fresh products! We will have more seafood on the menu very soon with the spring coming... Should you have special request or should you fancy something very unique, please contact us. We will organise it for you.

Yours sincerely,
EM
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Amazing soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently used Nico;s for the first time for a light lunch.
I had what can only be described as the most amazing soup, I am a soup lover and believe
me I'v tried them all, this however was absolutely delicious and came served with warm bread.
I will be going back very soon and highly recommend you try this great place if your looking for lunch as only 5 min walk from the city centre, I think ill be looking at the Dinner menu soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed the soup and hope to welcome you soon
for dinner as well.