“Don't eat the oysters!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 199 Restaurants in Inverness
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Pizza & Pasta, Brasserie, Scottish
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Alford, United Kingdom
“Don't eat the oysters!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We paid the price of ordering oysters from the Valentines menu a couple of days after Valentines Day. What followed can only be described as a pretty violent reaction for both of us. When we mustered the strength to inform Kitchen management we were told that this was impossible - their oysters are fresh, always. Our advice to you is don't order the oysters and don't both informing Kitchen management of anything negative about your experience with them. Shan't be dining with them again - they've just lost a couple of regular diners.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Another great dining experience. Unbeatable value, great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We returned here again after we discovered the venue on our last holiday to Scotland. We booked a table this time as it does get busy, and we were upstairs with great views of the river ness as a result. There was a child's menu and crayons for the little ones, and the food is fresh, tasty and well presented. Great range of drinks stocked in the bar, and the chocolate desert was unbeatable. We will be back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Inverness
“Always a great night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We had my friends birthday party here last week. 13 hungry & hyper ladies! They had the top floor reserved for us so not only did we have privacy but we had the spectacular views over the river all to ourselves. Katie & her team were brilliant....running up & down those stairs all night keeping our glasses topped up...& the food was superb! I had the steak & as always was cooked to perfection....everyone left stuffed & happy....thank you Katie for finding Ellies purse!! Another great night & cant wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Great value, lovely food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been to the kitchen several times and I have not had a bad meal yet.

My only gripe would be that on my last visit the service wasn't up to the usual standard and the steaks were slightly over done.

It was still a good dining experience though, and it is still one of my favourite places to eat in Inverness. I would recommend it to anyone.

Keep up the good work!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went a walk along the river on our recent trip to Inverness hoping to find somewhere to go for dinner that evening and stumbled across The Kitchen. The menu looked great, and they were offering 2 courses for £10.95 at the time we wanted to eat so it was perfect!

At first we didn’t realise they had 3 floors so when we went in and it was busy I thought we were out of luck, however we got a table on the second floor by the window which was fab! Lovely river view, great atmosphere and what turned out to be really tasty, quality food.

I had broccoli soup to start, something I’ve never had in a soup before and it was lovely. This was followed by sea bass on a bed of black olive mash. Now I was a bit wary about this as I love green olives, and potatoes (really love potatoes!) but wasn’t so sure about the black olives. No need to worry, it was excellent. Really tasty, not a thing left on my plate at the end!

The service was excellent, everyone really friendly and a good atmosphere inside. We would return, however on our next trip I think I’d like to try their sister restaurant, The Mustard Seed which is just across the river.

• Visited February 2013