“Overall a Good Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wick
New York, NY
“Overall a Good Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

The hotel appeared a little tired looking from the outside, but once inside it was very different. The rooms were very large and luxurious, each room had it's own large en-suite and LCD television with a choice of over 40 channels. The bar downstairs was nice, really friendly locals. There was a live band on the night we stayed and the atmosphere was great. Unfortunately they didnt serve evening meals, but all in all a good stay was had.

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

Myself and my family stayed at this hotel recently in an extremely large but cosy family room. The hotel was clean and comfortable and I could not fault it. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and did everything to make our stay as lovely as it was. Great friendly pub which is nice for a quiet drink during the week and bustling on a Saturday night with the great live music.

• Stayed June 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2006

I recently stayed at the hotel and was enamoured by its quaint individually decorated rooms and friendly pub.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the fully cooked breakfasts that my party received in the morning were delicious! Compliments to the chef!

Our stay lasted a few days and I found the staff to be very attentive and friendly and also the pub was a very friendly tavern where we were made extremely welcome.

I have no complaints about my stay and the budget price is an extremely welcome added bonus!

Would recommend this hotel in an instant!

• Stayed April 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

I traveled up to Wick on business and, unfortunately, did not make reservations for accommodation well enough in advance to get my preferred hotel. I wound up choosing Breadalbane House because of its proximity to my place of business in the town. Next time, I would prefer to travel a bit, rather than stay in this accommodation. If I couldn't find another place to stay, I think I would prefer to sleep in my car!! Here are some of the problems:

* Upon checking in, I was put into a room that was not en-suite (no bathroom), so I requested to be moved. The staff were unable to authorise this move, so they asked me to wait for the manager. The manager did authorise the move, and showed me to an en-suite room, saying, "Sorry, I thought you would have preferred the other room, since it is bigger." En-suite should have been offered, or at least flagged up, at the time of reservation.

* Very poor first-impression... There was building rubble in bags around the entrance, right next to the front door.

* Very uncomfortable room - could not turn heater off, and it was roasting hot. Nor could I open the windows, because they were painted shut. Maintenance staff responded to my complaint, but they were unable to adjust the radiator. Instead, they used a chisel to pry open a window...

* There are no decent places to eat nearby except a few chip shops, a Chinese and an Indian takeaway.

On the positive side:
* Staff were responsive when I complained

* Cost was low (but you definitely get what you pay for)

Would not stay there again under any circumstances.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
ryancook, owner at Breadalbane House Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2009
I took over the hotel from my parents in February 2007. Since then all hotel rooms have been totally renovated.

Been to Breadalbane House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Breadalbane House Hotel

Address: 20 Breadalbane Crescent, Wick KW1 5AQ, Scotland
Location: United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > Caithness and Sutherland > Wick
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wick
Hotel Class:3 star — Breadalbane House Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Breadalbane House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Breadalbane Hotel Wick
Breadalbane House Hotel Wick, Scotland

If you own or manage Breadalbane House Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.