I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Royal Hotel. The hotel is of an older style but does not lack in any of the comforts of modern life. The room, at a very reasonable price, was very spacious and clean with all the facilities and provisions that anyone would need. The staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble as I had cause to experience and observe. There is a large dining room with very good choice menus for breakfast and dinner. The Royal is well situated in the centre of town and near to public transport facilities which was very important to me as I travelled to Thurso by train. I am happy to recommend The Royal for anyone looking for first class accommodation in Thurso and I hope to stay there on subsequent visits to that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Thurso, one of the most northerly towns in Mainland Scotland, the Royal Hotel provides a perfect place for business or leisure breaks. There are 103 en-suite rooms, all offering wireless Internet access, Freeview TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. The hotel is close to the beach and guests wishing to visit the exquisite scenery of Orkney can take a short ferry journey to this captivating island. Further sightseeing opportunities can be found at John O’Groats, the Castle of Mey or Old St Peter’s Church. Guests arriving for business purposes can make use of our business centre services and conference rooms, all with Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Hotel, Caithness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel, Caithness Hotel Thurso
- Royal Hotel Thurso
- Royal Hotel, Caithness Thurso, Scotland