“Good food and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Muenchen
“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Always a good meal here. Friendly attentive service and great food. Definitely one of my favourite places to go out with friends when in Thurso.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Glasgow
“Nice Food Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Spice Tandoori on Friday evening. The restaurant was fairly busy but they had enough staff to cope. My wife had the jalfrezi, which was really tasty with a nice chilli kick, and I had a lamb bhuna, which was lovely. The naan bread was tasty (even though it was plain and we had ordered garlic but were too hungry to wait) and the rice was the nicest I’ve had in an Indian, run through with ghee and onions. My wife had a pint of lager and the meal came to £31. One negative was the wait for the food; from sitting down we waited 40 minutes for our meal, that’s way too slow and the reason we were so hungry I didn’t send the non garlic naan back

Visited March 2013
Thurso, United Kingdom
“The Caithness highlanders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate here on the 21st of December last year and were, as always, welcomed with open arms from the friendly staff. It was the week before 'Mad Friday' and everywhere was busy, the Spice Tandoori was no exception. We sat down (7 of us) and within a couple of minutes we had the usual plate of poppadums in front of us and our order taken. After drinks and poppadums the starters came which were fantastic. After finishing them within 10 minutes the mains came, what a fantastic set of meals we had, everyone shared so as to get different tastes. Altogether a great meal from quick friendly staff, and we all got a free drink as well!

Visited December 2012
“Best Indian food by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, tentative service with a smile and knowledgable on the dishes and wines on the menu, every dish I had excelled other places I've had the same 10/10 highly recommend :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake District
“Power Cut!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Thurso had a power cut, and our original restaurant a few doors down from Spice Tandoori closed it's kitchens. We wandered down to Spice, who had quickly adapted to candlelight and cooking by gas - we were looked after well, enjoyed the high quality of the food [a return visit so consistency was noted], and friendly service - it was also 3/4 full of mostly locals - a good sign on an early week night. Definitely on my return list for this small town.

Visited November 2012