“Coffee with a view.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Thurso, United Kingdom
“Coffee with a view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

What a way to spend some time. Good coffee, good service, a great view straight onto the Pentland Firth and no matter what the weather the vista keeps changing. O the cakes were very good as well.

Visited November 2012

Forsinard, United Kingdom
“Always a warm welcome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very good home cooked food in lovely coastal position. Very clean. Staff always very friendly and accommadating. Recommend the Paninis.

Visited October 2012
Inverness, United Kingdom
“The 21st century seems to have passed it by, and so will I in future”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am often up in Thurso, and have a selection of regular places that I like to have a relaxed lunch in. I had often walked past the Pavillion cafe and thought that it looked interesting, so I finally got round to giving it a try. As I wanted to do some browsing over lunch I first walked up to the counter to asked "Is it OK to plug in my laptop?". The waitress said in a monotonic voice "You can use your laptop". So, I sat down, made myself at home and popped the laptop on the table. I was just about to plug it in when the waitress arrived with the menu - "You can't plug that in." She stated bluntly. "Sorry?" I replied. "I've had to block off all of the plug sockets because people kept coming in and using them.". Sure enough, I looked round the room and the plentiful plug sockects were all blocked off with child protection plates. I was quite miffed by her attitude and by her dour nature, but most of all by the fact that I had made to effort to ask beforehand. Unfortunately, I was also starving. So, I stayed and ate an acceptable panini. The accompanying salads were all drowned in mayonnaise as they all too commonly are. I did not continue my relaxed lunch over a coffee and cake as I had planned to do, but paid and left. So, for the sake of a few pence worth of electricity the cafe lost out on several pounds of business with me on this visit, and I won't be returning. Good business sense??

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
WICK
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Service is good, location is excellent jut not impressed by selection or pricing. Have had a meal there and gone elsewhere for pudding!

Visited June 2012
Sutherland, Highland Scotland
“quiet un-hurried.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Excellent orange and lemon sponge with coffee. Quiet when I visited, had been a local family celebrating a birthday. Very friendly staff, noticed my table hadn't been wiped - which I hadn't and left alone to get on with my book and watching the waves..... Thank you

• Visited June 2012