“Scottish Welcome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caledonian Hotel

Caledonian Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beauly
Caledonian Hotel
You added Caledonian Hotel to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Beauly IV4 7BY, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beauly
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Scottish Welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I loved the Caledonian. I have since come back for a drink on occassion. We were staying here as our family had a ceilidh in the local town hall. The bar/lounge is charming and we experienced nothing but a good Scottish welcome from everyone we met.

Everything about this place, from the dogs lurking around to the parrot in the bar make this pub.

Love it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Certainly an interesting hotel, but very welcoming and friendly. The lounge is the most relaxed and laid back I've visited. We were made to feel very welcome and will be back again for another visit next year. The accomodation is like a B&B, but was clean, tidy and very cost effective.

The cooked breakfast was excellent - a bit of whatever takes your fancy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Harrogate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I was traveling with my two dogs, and the hotel was wonderful with them!!!! Everyone was so nice to them and the dogs had fun hanging out at the bar with everyone. Breakfast was DELICIOUS, but the best thing was how at home you feel here. At night, my hubby and I hung at at the bar all night talking to the locals and tasting different whiskeys. The owners are amazing and very welcoming. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting the real Scottish experience!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
fife
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

we were there last year and have only just read the reviews I thought i was just being fussy . owners personal hygene left a lot to be desired . on arriving I honestly thought the place had beeen closed down , the entrance wes filthy and amelly, I asked to check the beds before we signed in becase we had no here else to stay. the young polish girl who was working there worked her wee socks off to make it comfortable for us. I can honestly say it wes the most miserable holiday I have been on . we ate our meals accross the road. I think the health & hygene guy must have bypassed this one.the owners sat smoking all day and in the centre of the hotel there was a yard for there dogs whitch was covered in dog poo and the dogs barked all day. there now I kept that in for over a year and feel better now Ive said my piece

Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Morecambe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

When I arrived the reception from the owner and the locals was hostile. I booked it through an on line agency however they didn't know I had booked because they hadn't had the computer on and they had let the room out. I was given a box room. Bed and bathroom were clean and as all the hotels in the area were fully booked I stayed. The lounge area and bar all stank of dogs. I ate accross the road as they didn't offer an evening meal. Breakfast was late and wasn't what I asked for. The hotel looked as though it hasn't seen a lick of paint or any maintenance for many years. 30 years of staying away on business this was definatly the worst experience ever.
Beauly is a beautiful place spoilt by this Hell Hole of a hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Cape May, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

My husband and I were shopping for antiques in the area and booked a night at the Caledonean. The Inn Keeper Ian and his family were friendly and accomodating. Our lodgings were clean, and comfortable, and priced well. What we enjoyed the most was our breakfast in the morning, fesh local fare, served with a smile. It was a great way to start the day.

• Liked — Basic honest accomodations
  • Disliked — yes... you can smell the smokers
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
colin439
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

This was a charming hotel with pub. Run by locals, with great food, drink & lore. Was not antiseptic or chic. Our 9 year old boy loved the
dogs (yes, they had run of part of the hotel), my wife loved the food,
small adornments lack of pretensions & i loved hanging in the hotel bar with the local boys. This is Scotland, not the upper west side.

• Liked — the intimacy of the family operated hotel
  • Disliked — hotel did show the wear of a couple centuries
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Caledonian Hotel? Share your experiences!