“Nice room....Nice meal...Noisy neighbours??” 4 of 5 stars

Priory Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Square, Beauly IV4 7BX, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Beauly
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice room....Nice meal...Noisy neighbours??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

A very nice hotel situated in the centre of the beautiful village of Beauly.
For the last six years I have used another hotel on the main street, but decided to try the Priory for a change of scenery and I am very glad I did.
My room was large and "L" shaped using the recessed area to house a decent sized T.V.with SKY.and two comfy chairs and a desk. The main part of the bedroom contained two comfy single beds.
The bathroom was fully tiled and spotless and the shower worked very well.
The only small complaint I have is that I could hear the person in the next room chatting on the phone and the other rooms television so clearly that i was able to lie in bed and answer the questions to the quiz show they were watching.
I perhaps had "loud neighbour syndrome"
I had a delicious bar supper and a super breakfast the next morning which is served up until 11.00am, so no need to get up early after a my late night quiz.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2006

The rooms were very clean and comfortable, very pleasant housemaids. Bar staff very friendly and helpful. The waiting staff were at best lacking and the food was not enjoyable in the least- will not be back for seconds!!!

• Stayed November 2005
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2006

We stayed at Priority Hotel for Hogmanay 2005/2006 - from 31 Dec to 2 Jan. I was really worried given the previous reviews and even went as far to call the Manager to voice my concerns but he reassured us that all would be fine - he was completely correct.

I'm not sure if the previous reviews have got the correct hotel - as we found the complete the entire experience staying there sensational.

We arrived extra early (10am) and they allowed us to check in straight away. Our rooms were lovely, very clean and spacious.

There was my husband and my parents from Australia - and we were totally included by the staff and other guests at that New Year Eve Dinner, Dance etc. Everyone was including us, and the food and service was 100% brilliant. In fact, in our entire trip through Europe this was our highlight.

We even had a Scottish Whisky Tasting experience with Blair the Manager, which was so enjoyable and funny. We even beat the locals!

I was hesitant to write this review as we are hoping to go back again this year for New Year and worried that there won't be availabiliy. We met so many people at the Hotel who had been going there for years.

I couldn't thank all the staff at Priory Hotel who were extremely friendly and so helpful to us. They even posted a parcel for us since the Post Office was shut.

I wouldn't hesitate for one moment in recommending this great hotel in one of the most beautiful places I ever visited, Beauly.

If you, like me, are worried about previous reviews, please feel free to email me.

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

Nice hotel but extremely rude owner, he yelled and cursed at me and a colleague for returning after-hours.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2005

Room cleanliness great, nice and comfortable enviroment.Housemaiding staff very friendly, polite and effecient.Food not excellent, could do with more amagination and lacks depth. Some trouble with Waitressing Staff, but overall a pleasent stay in the highlands.

• Stayed January 2005
Inverness
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

Visited The Priory just for a meal. The service was extremely slow and the staff were clearly very inexperienced and under a lot of pressure. The food was OK, although I ordered a medium rare steak which arrived well done. The childrens' menu (disappointingly) consisted of the usual junk food, so my two had adult meals - half of which went to waste as the portions were so large. We won't be going again!!

Stayed June 2005
, MANAGER at Priory Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2005
We would like to reply to the points raised by this guest and would have liked the opportunity to respond in person - unfortunately no address is supplied.

1. We have been in the process of training quite a few new staff members for our summer season, and we do apologise if on this occassion our speed of service was the lesser.
This is not our norm and I do not think we could have survived in our marketplace for over 30 years if we were regularly slow.

2. Re Kids Menu - we do offer a kids menu that contains fairly standard / popular kids fayre - some may call it junk food some may not - We heve not had complaints about this in the past - but have taken the point on board and we are currently extending this menu to accommodate some more items.

It is also worth noting that on our extensive range of menus we offer the availability of 1/2 portions on over 60% of the items - both to accommodate older persons and youngsters.

We thank the guest for their candid review - if slightly harsh and hope they appreciate that we have read and responded.

We regularly listen to our guests comments whether positive or negativer and we are sure this will keep us in the right direction regarding future quality and service.

Blair Sinclair
Priory Hotels Ltd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2004

I have never had a better hotel and I have stayed in hotels all over the world. The staff were terrific and could not do enough for me and my family. They all seemed to enjoy working there and the team spirit was infectious. Loved the place.. Highly recommended.

Been to Priory Hotel? Share your experiences!