“Warm & friendly with fab service” 5 of 5 stars

Chrialdon House
Station Road, Beauly IV4 7EH, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Beauly B&B and Inns
Highlands
“Warm & friendly with fab service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent 2 nights at Chrialdon House as part of a party of 7, attending a wedding nearby. Isobel welcomed us so warmly and was so helpful throughout our stay. We had the family room, double & single bed, wardrobe, drawers, side table & chairs. It was very spacious & bright. Tea, coffee, etc was all provided & a heater there if we were cold. Ensuite had toiletries & robes & slippers were provided. The sitting room at night was so welcoming and comfortable and breakfast both mornings was really good. Isobel also let us borrow an iron, a sporran(!) and was more than happy to allow us use of the sitting room in the morning to have make up done! Thanks - you made our weekend complete.

Room Tip: Managed a look at all the rooms and they were equally good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a wedding in the area. I flew into Inverness and Isobel had very kindly provided me with the number of a local taxi driver. I arrived fairly late (around 10.30pm) but Isobel was very welcoming from the moment I stepped through the door, she was happy to show me around and then led the way to my room. I was staying alone and was expecting a smallish room however I was very pleasantly surprised to be in a room with a lovely amount of space; my own coffee table and tea/coffee making facilites and a wonderfully comfortable double bed! Breakfast both mornings was delicious with both an assortment of fruit and a wide choice of cooked items at a time chosen by me. The house is stunning and very homely which made for a perfect stay, I would definitely reccommend this as a place to stay and hope to return again in the future. Thank you Isobel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at Chiraldon Guest House for 1 night in August 2012. On arrival I was met at the door by Isobel who showed me the facilites and took me to my room. The building is a beautifully restored "victorian" villa. The house has been well cared for and is in top condition. The rooms are nicely decorated, perfectly clean and well furnished. Breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly.

I will definitely stay there again the next time I am back in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We wanted to stay somewhere handy for visiting Dingwall and the surrounding area, and Beauly was ideal. Chrialdon House is well located, a beautiful house nicely decorated and furnished. Our room overlooked the rear garden and views beyond, a quiet room with a very comfortable bed and included everything we needed for our stay.
Isobel made us feel very welcome, and the chocolates left around the house a nice touch.
Breakfasts include a bowl of assorted fresh fruit, one day there were some delicious fresh raspberries. I had a full scottish breakfast every day, hot and tasty.
Enjoyed our stay very much and hope to return one day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We had planned to stay in Inverness and were so happy that we had picked Chrialdon House instead. We spent three days here with our disabled mother. Our mother had her own room downstairs with easy access to lounge/dining room. Our bedroom was amazingly large with a very comfortable king sized bed. The housecoats and slippers in your room made it feel like a spa experience. Isobel was so helpful! She provided us with an adaptor that we had left behind at the last place we stayed and found us a plastic chair so that we could get my mother into the shower. The breakfasts were excellent and we especially like the assortment of fresh fruit. This is a great central location to explore the area and there were restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sevenoaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Isobel welcomes you into her beautiful home in an instantly friendly and genuine manner. We had three rooms and each of them was carefully and attractively decorated with plenty of space and double aspect. The beds were all very comfortable. We probably ate more of the chocolates left around the house for guests than the average guest but we had little guilt relaxing after day 10 of a 13 day cycle in front of the warming fire in the front room. Using the bathroom with its self standing bath was extremely indulgent given each room's en suite shower is so good. Breakfast was as good as you would expect - everything here can be recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay and so glad we booked the Chrialdon ! A truly lovely guest house, delightful bedroom (huge bed), modern shower and very welcoming lounge/dining room.

Isobel is a wonderful hostess, very friendly and helpful.

Would thoroughly recommend the Chrialdon as a central base for touring the Highlands.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chrialdon House? Share your experiences!