As this hotel is located on the resort it wasn't obvious where I was supposed to go. I followed the signs to the resort reception, who then pointed me in the direction of the hotel. The sign for the hotel wasn't illuminated and in the dark it wasn't obvious where the reception was either. The staff were pleasant, although actually getting to my room was more of a challenge.
The room itself was ok, although perhaps a little tired. The bathroom had a few mouldy patches on the ceiling, but the rest of the room was clean and comfy. The TV remote didn't work and the picture on the TV was distorted at the top and bottom. Complimentary coffee/tea and shortbreads were in the room.
Breakfast was excellent, and again staff were helpful and polite. The rest of the resort appears to have lots to offer with a swimming pool, cinema, shops etc, although I did not have the time to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotels of our Macdonald Aviemore Resort are situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands - a magical location. Stay amidst ancient Caledonian pine forests at one of our four distinctive hotels or our luxury woodland lodge accommodation. You'll find the perfect room for your stay in one of our luxurious Scottish Highlands hotels at Aviemore. Our Highlands Hotel offer four-star luxury for all the family along with our newly refurbished Morlich and Aviemore Hotels which are due to open Spring 2015. Choose one of our Luxury Woodland lodges for a stunning escape in the forest surrounding our resort. You'll find everything you need and more at Macdonald Aviemore Resort - luxury brand shopping, 3D cinema viewing, top-class restaurants, our brand new, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. Designed by Dave Thomas, former Ryder Cup player, it features the longest hole in Scotland - a par 5 measuring 635 yards. Are you up for the challenge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland