“Best lunch, best value, best customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Rowan Tree Country Hotel
Loch Alvie, Aviemore PH22 1QB, Scotland   |
Ranked #4 of 33 Aviemore B&B and Inns
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Best lunch, best value, best customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We took the old A9 road from Aviemore to Kingussie and noticed this picturesque country girl just a few minutes outside Aviemore. It was the best decision we made. As we entered the entrance, we were warmly greeted and invited to warm up by the fire while we quaffed cider and the great Cairngorm Wild Cat ale. Lunch was tomato red pepper soup and ham and smoked salmon sandwiches. Delicious! Excellent customer service. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Invergordon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is on the"old" A9 just south of Aviemore and is very definitely worth a visit if only for lunch as we did. A very friendly welcome by a chatty amusing waitress and a lovely menu which made it hard to choose from! The food was delicious and helping sizes very generous. The hotel is on Loch Alvie and I would think that in the summer eating outside must be wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
West Linton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in early May and loved it. We had dinner in the hotel and it was absolutely beautiful. I had a cheese soufflé to start and it is one of the best I've had! When we'd booked they had told us they only had a small double room left, so we knew our room would be little. However, even though it was small it was perfectly formed and very comfortable. Staff were very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cookham Dean, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Spent a couple of nights there last week. Nothing was too much trouble for the attentive staff. Spotlessly clean, local beer in the bar (Cairngorm Ales), fantastic food in the evening and such a great setting, overlooking the loch.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberchirder, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed a evening meal with an excellent, mouthwatering menu choice. Food presentation and service to a very high standard. Staff most welcoming and hotel setting and surroundings inspiring. Have dined here before and would most definately return. Well done Rowan Tree.xx

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have held three family gatherings at the Rowan Tree and every time the food, service, atmosphere and value for money have been superb. The staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful when such a disparate group as ours are trying to choose from such an interesting menu!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Macduff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

On arriving at the hotel,,your eyes are instantly fixed at loch alvie which sits in beautiful scenery behind the hotel.
Things get even better on entering,in main reception are your greeted to a lounge with a nice warm open fire and further on in to another relaxing lounge that gives you stunning views looking out over the loch.
Booking in was done with ease and very promptly with a warm welcome smile and my evening meal time was quickly booked so to give me time to have a evening walk along the loch.
On entering my room,the room was more than I could of expected,I paid for the deluxe and oh boy,it was deluxe,massive bed that was very comfortable,goose feathered duvet just added to the overall comfort.
Room was very well presented and spotlessly clean and the view from my window looking over the loch just added to my customer experience.
On arriving at the restaurant,the member of staff informed me that everything is cooked fresh so I was taken thru to the lounge and told me that she would come and get me when my meal was close to being delivered,I was given the menu to ponder over,the selection is excellent and your spoilt and what to have,my drink order was taken and brought to me very promptly and I really can't think of any other way to wait for your evening meal in front of an open fire and stunning views.
Even though the restaurant was very busy,my starter,main and pudding arrived piping hot and to a very high standard,serving staff were just fantastic and couldn't of been more helpful and polite.
After a very peaceful relaxing sleep,breakfast time,good selection from the menu,I had the full Scottish cooked breakfast which was a delight and set me up for my day in the mountains.
I can't find any negatives about this hotel,having reviewed others in the area,this hotel is outstanding,I would put this hotel in my top three and will differently stay here again for its hospitality,friendliness,value and stunning location.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of hotel for stunning views of loch and mountains