“Sundae Treat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aspects Restaurant

Aspects Restaurant
Macdonald Aviemore Resort, Aviemore, Scotland (Formerly Aspects Restaurant & Bar)
01479 815123
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Derby
“Sundae Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had our evening meal 2 nights in a row.
Well cooked and local ingedients are used
Friendly and helpful staff.
Try the strawberry sundae- mmmmm!

Visited May 2014

Innerleithen, United Kingdom
“A great restaurant with excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hearty breakfasts and delicious, good quality dinners. So many meals, what can I say about them all… I can strongly recommend pigeon breast with puy lentils and figs, or the citrus salmon for starters. The beef blade was perfectly tender and tasty, as was the lamb shoulder. For dessert, the favourite was the dark chocolate and lime cheesecake – delicious! The Aspects staff ensured the dining experience was excellent, by presenting impeccable manners, service, and attention to detail, particularly: Darius, Iztefan, Jozsef, Jakub, Vincent, Tamas and Gary. Nothing was too much trouble for them. When the hotel wheelchair platform lift broke down, preventing access from the hotel to the restaurant, many businesses would have dismissed the situation as being outwith their control. Not the Aspects staff – four of these gentlemen carefully lifted me and my wheelchair up the four steps (not an easy task as the power wheelchair alone weighs 75kgs!) before gently placing me down and escorting me to the restaurant. Gentlemen – thank you so much for your kindness, care and helpfulness. Although we had a very pleasant stay at Macdonald Highland Hotel, these gentlemen added so much more to our stay at the hotel. Well done Aspects for ensuring the whole dining experience was without fault. Employing such fantastic staff guarantees we will return again soon.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great on paper...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Based on it's rating here, on Trip Advisor, my husband and I made this the destination for our first night out together since the birth of our daughter in November.
The first thing that struck me was the number of children. Since it was part of a busy resort and during Easter holidays I shouldn't have been surprised but it's description as a wine bar led me to believe it would be more geared towards an adult clientele. Maybe I assumed too much.
We opted for a bottle of proseco rather than wine since it was a special occasion and we both ordered from the 3 course menu. I opted for a starter from the a la carte menu for a £3 supplement.
Our starters didn't arrive particularly promptly but they did arrive before the drinks. I had ordered scallops but what I got was I and a half scallops, one half of which seemed to have been dipped in salt. The beignet and gazpacho salad were very nice but the dish was incomplete as described on the menu. Very well presented however, just let down in execution.
Drunks arrived once starters were cleared and I was given a glass with red lipstick all over it. Considering the price tag, we were both a bit surprised they didn't polish their glassware. Our waiter, god bless him, had clearly not had any training on how to pour and we lost a half a glass on the table. To his credit he did pick up the glass and wipe the base but then he placed it back in the puddle on the table...
We realised why our waiter had asked if we were sure we didn't want any side dishes once the mains arrived (immediately after the drinks), as the portions were tiny. It sounded substantial on the menu but, by way of example, the veg described on my husbands dish came in the form of a singular baton of carrot and turnip half the size of my (childlike) baby finger.
The is billed as a seafood restaurant but there was only a single fish dish in each menu versus multiple steaks and duck. It being Good Friday, I was trying to avoid meat.
Alas my fish was over done and I fear had been sitting under a hear lamp as the edges were dry and hard. The rest of the dish was executed well.
The star of the show was desert. I had ginger pannacotta and it was perfect! The whole dish worked really well except for a blob of cream which had no place on that plate. Desert saved the night for these guys.
All in all the atmosphere was pleasant, the service was (mostly) friendly but a little under par with what I would expect of a resort such as this (I do believe it to be a training issue though and not the fault of the waiters), and the food was good but over priced for what was delivered.
I wouldn't rush back.

Edinburgh
“Excellent food and service ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Our second visit and once again not disappointed. We are vegetarian and asked if there was any other options available and the waiter came back with a list of options. The food was excellent and a nice relaxing place to eat. Would defiantly come back again. Lovely staff.

Visited April 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great service very pleasant & great with the kids would highly recommend, son order chicken dinner arrive on the bone was a little unsure but once cut away bone eat the whole thing.

Visited April 2014