“Nice spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Family friendly restaurant/bar serving a wide range of Scottish dishes prepared daily on the premises using the best of Scottish produce,Our chefs are very flexible and more than willing to accommodate any request.
“Nice spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

So there are not a lot of options in Aviemore for food. Ben Macduis was pretty good and much better than a lot of the other places.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Paisley, United Kingdom
“Worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Last time we visited this was a Indian restaurant. Ben McDhui's is an improvement. Importantly there is a good selection of local ales from the Cairngorm Brewery, and the choice of wines is reasonable and not too expensive. The highland platter was a reasonable starter, and the pork and chorizo burger was good. Service was efficient and friendly

Visited August 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great service, will revisit soon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

As a regular visitor to Aviemore, I was keen to try somewhere new as a solo diner. As I entered the bar/restaurant, I was warmly and promptly greeted and shown to a table. I noticed the place was packed with families and couples which I took to be a good sign, and as I glanced at the extensive menu, I made up my mind to try at least two courses.

I opted for mussels in a white wine sauce and a Cajun chicken burger. All I'll say is YUM. If I'd had room, the dessert options looked delicious too.

All through my meal, the staff were terrific - attentive with the drinks, prompt but not pushy with the ordering and observant to each stage of my visit. If I were to be critical, I think that Ben Macdui's Inn lacks a bit of atmosphere. The decor in the restaurant is so plain, I couldn't really get a feel for what they're trying to achieve. But, overall, this place knows how to deliver great customer service and I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a great pub meal.

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Meal for four tonight. Have eaten here several times and it never disappoints. Had mussels in chorizo & tomato sauce for starter, great portion. Scampi for main.... can't comment on the desserts as too full to have one!! Rest of group cleared their plates too. Great food, in nice surroundings and friendly staff. Definitely recommend!!

Perth, United Kingdom
“Trip advisor right again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Only reason we ate here was because my wife reads Tripadvisor!
We were not disappointed!
My daughter had the highlight of the night...mussels... and they were delicious!

We arrived early enough and the restaurant wasn't too busy but by the time we left, every table was taken. No wonder. Reasonable prices, delicious food and staff that knew just when to appear at your shoulder and when to leave you to it.

Would definitely return.