I stayed at the Hilton in Coylumbridge on the 6th of June with a friend. On our arrival at the hotel we were upgraded to a deluxe family room which we were delighted with.
We spent a pleasant day in Aviemore and returned to the hotel for our dinner at about 7.00pm. I had the pear and pecorino cheese salad for a starter, a goat’s cheese and onion tart for main course and a chocolate orange cheesecake for dessert.
Once we finished our diner we went to our room to get organised to head into Aviemore for some evening entertainment. Both myself and my friend had to lie down at this point as we were feeling nauseous. After about 20minutes I vomited. I decided I was not going to let this spoil our night away so we headed into Aviemore. I vomited several more times before returning to the hotel later in the evening. I wakened up feeling feverish at 5.00am and had a huge rash on my chest and on my thigh. I spent much of the night being sick and was unable to eat my breakfast on the Sunday morning. I was unable to eat anything for much of Sunday as I still felt nauseous. My friend also vomited on the Saturday night but she did not appear to have been as affected as me.
I felt absolutely fine prior to eating my dinner and I was back to normal by the Monday. I can only assume that my illness was related to something I ate at dinner.
I wrote to the Hilton to let them know about my upsetting experience. I got a letter back saying that no one else had made a complaint about the food the night in question.
This reponse did not satisfy my complaint. Regardless of whether other people were affected, I was very ill and had a really uncomfortable night at this hotel.
I had hoped I would be offered some form of compensation to alleviate my dissatisfaction about the Hilton Coylumbridge. As this was not forthcoming, I will certainly not be staying at another Hilton hotel again.
I have to give this hotel a one star due to my sickness after eating here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland