I have been to Aviemore a couple of times, but this was my first time at the Hilton at Coylumbridge. I was most surprised by the size of the place. We got a very nice welcome and showed to our room which I must say was clean and of adequate size. The breakfast buffet served was substantial and well cooked. The two restaurants are very nice too though do not have a very big menu. Booking a table in advance is a must. The package was room with breakfast and dinner. The dinner costs more than the allowed £16 per person if you take more than one course and order drinks.
The hotel caters to all kinds of guests and seems to be very popular with families with young children hence the entertainment was catered more to their taste. There is a large games area indoors and outdoors for the kids. All extras seem to be charged separately.. which ultimately pushes the bill up.
One major drawback was the lack of free wifi (more than the complimentary one hour in the lobby). In this day and age of internet and digital era, it is a big negative when the hotel cannot provide good internet service.
We enjoyed our stay especially the new Woodshed which is a bar with a log fire far away from the noisy lobby where the evening entertainment is held. The prices in the bar are a bit steep but the ambience is good and a good place to chill out.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.