Stayed in a family suite, had emailed in advance so got one on the first floor overlooking the back carpark. Room was a reasonable size, only one chair for relaxing in though. Was very hot in the room and had to leave windows open at all times, at least we were not over the kitchens. Plenty of room in second bedroom for a travel cot too. Bathroom fine, lots of hot water on demand. Cbeebies not working on TV, bit of an issue for a family with pre-schoolers!!
Grant Room restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Was very old-fashioned and the evening food was best suited for the plentiful Tartan McHaggis bus tours they have in! Kids buffet was good though, and restaurant opened at 6pm rather than advertised 6.30pm so was just about ok for the little kids. Breakfast was fine, lots of choice hot and cold and they would heat the milk if you asked.
We much preferred the bistro to eat in at night. However, this doesn't open until 5.30pm, not midday as the website states. Can easily manage 2 courses for your £15 allowance here and the food is much nicer. Kids limited to Planet Hilton menu though.
Lounge is lovely, menu and food looked good but we didn't eat here as not in the DBB allowance. Baby had his dinner here at 4.30pm though, free for under 10s. Wine is prices with City Centre bars though, cheapest was £4.70 for a 175 ml glass!
Pool was lovely and warm, Funhouse didn't rate that highly with my kids but we have several good softplays near where we live to compare it with. We kept our bikes in the bike shed under the Woodshed bar, is a good facility with access to Rothiemurchas right across the road. Good outdoor play area too.
We had a mixture of normal and sale prices so wasn't too bad value, but think we'll self-cater in future as you can pay to use their pool and you had to pay to get into the softplay anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland